“What a great find”

Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar - Memphis
Reserve with OpenTable
Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar - Memphis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,467 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Monroe
Transit: Flight is located on Main Street right along the trolley line.
Description: Flight a full service restaurant with multiple dining selections for a guest to enjoy in a single dining experience. The service style of the restaurant is the finest service featuring a knowledgeable wait staff from which the customer can gain valuable knowledge to enhance their dining experience. Flight offers several distinct dining options: On the main floor, there is the hustle and bustle of friends and businesspeople gathering together. The bar is a welcoming place for those dining alone to meet friends yet unmet, or for those who want a quick bite. On the balcony level, the booths and small tables, some overlooking Main Street, offer more privacy and an opportunity for romance.
Mayville, Wisconsin, United States
“What a great find”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I never heard of Flight and now that we experienced I am sure we will look again next vacation. Cool concept of having three flights (Smaller samplings) for appetizers, salads/soup and entrees. Tip: my husband and I did a mix and match flight for all three and shared. We were stuffed!

Visited November 2012

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Brilliant concept, attention to detail”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

A large group of us had the opportunity to dine here a few weeks ago. What a fresh idea! I loved the idea of ordering food in "flights" and getting the chance to try many different flavors. Even the soup and salad and appetizers can be ordered in flights!
Our server was so wonderful and knowledgeable and we couldn't have made it through without her. Five of the seven of our group did order our dinners from the flight menu instead of just going with what we knew. This restaurant is definitely for the food enthusiast that ins't afraid to venture into new territory.
Some of the best: the lobster bisque, the goat cheese salad, the sea bass and the halibut. Enjoy!

• Visited October 2012
San Jose, California
“An Excellent Find!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I happened on this restaurant because it was on the walk between my hotel and Beale Street. After having excellent Memphis BBQ the prior two nights I wanted something a little "fancier" for my last night in Memphis. Because on this trip I was a single the hostess said I could get in right away if I was willing to sit at the bar. I told her that would be fine and was promptly seated.

The whole "concept" of Flight is that you can order your drinks, salads, soups, main entrees and desserts as flights (or "small plates if you will). For instance I ordered a white wine flight called "Everything but Chard". The flight consisted of a Pinot Gris, Sauvingon Blanc and a Reisling. All were very good especially the Reisling I should mention that the Bartender was also my server and did a grat job of explaining that one could make a "flight" by ordering three small plate options or one could order a full size drink, salad or soup, entree and dessert. After the wine flight I went for a salad flight and all three salads were excellent. I did an entree flight that consisted of a filet with a Lyonaise potatos, a lamb chop with a scoop of nicely flavored rice and pork loins with a potato dumpling. All three meat dishes were cooked to perfection. I topped off the dinner with a dessert flight of lemon chess (not a misspelling) pie, a Banana Foster bread pudding (this was the best of the desserts) and a ginger upside down cake with pears.

Attentive service, first rate, well presented and well prepared food dishes make this a dining experience worth having while in Memphis. With wine, salad, main entree, dessert, coffee and tip I spent around $75 for one person. I've spent more on meals that I have liked far less than the meal I ate at Flight. Eat here you won't regret it.

• Visited October 2012
Palo Alto CA
“First Class”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

What a pleasant surprise to find such an excellent restaurant, so close to the Residence Inn where we were staying. The menu was eclectic, and there was an opportunity to sample three small (but not tiny) plates, or flights, of your choice. Mine earned an excellent rating on two out of three (with a good but not great on the third), and my husband was three for three in the excellent category. Our waiter Brett was outstanding, as was all the staff from the reception desk to the busboy. It was an excellent meal and I'd highly recommend it to anyone traveling through Memphis - you won't be disappointed!

Visited October 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“Perfect Dinner”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I came to Flight a few months ago with my parents (they frequent Flight). I was shocked about how great everything was. The food, service, menu, and atmosphere were all amazing. I will definitely come back to Flight. I wish I could continue to write about it, but I can't remember everything I had from my visit.

• Visited January 2012