“Great birthday treat.”

Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar - Memphis
Reserve with OpenTable
Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar - Memphis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,457 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Monroe
Transit: Flight is located on Main Street right along the trolley line.
Description: Flight a full service restaurant with multiple dining selections for a guest to enjoy in a single dining experience. The service style of the restaurant is the finest service featuring a knowledgeable wait staff from which the customer can gain valuable knowledge to enhance their dining experience. Flight offers several distinct dining options: On the main floor, there is the hustle and bustle of friends and businesspeople gathering together. The bar is a welcoming place for those dining alone to meet friends yet unmet, or for those who want a quick bite. On the balcony level, the booths and small tables, some overlooking Main Street, offer more privacy and an opportunity for romance.
Bath, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great birthday treat.”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband took me here for my birthday. The service was excellent and our waitress took the time to explain the menu. The reason being that you can order a full meal of one choice or you can order 3 small portions of different meals to make up your full meal and the price is just about the same, give or take a few dollars. The wine menu was really good and lots to choose from. The food was very well executed and delicious. The only thing we found disappointing was how noisy the restaurant was, given the low key, atmosphere and surrounding. But overall a great meal with great service.

Visited September 2012

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Excellent every way around!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I called about an hour or so before I wanted to eat, was easy to make reservations. We arrived, parked around the corner, then noticed that they offered complimentary valet, another plus. We were quickly welcomed and seated. The first seats we had were by an a/c vent, so we moved just a few tables over. This table we moved to was a 2top on the 2nd floor by a balcony overlooking the restraurant. The server quickly arrived and greeted us with the menus and a nice 8-10 minute spiel of the entire menu, which was very impressive.
The concept of the restaurant is where you can try up to 3 different small portions so your not forced to choose just one meal. My fiancée.ordered quail and the elk while I ordered the steak and shrimp and grits (Im from the south too, so shrimp and grits is very common) and they tasted delicious as well.
After learning that the owners are originally from New Orleans, I ask why he didnt open this style restaurant in New Orleans. I hope he reads this to know that if he did open one, I would def go ! Great job!

1 Thank Albee921
Chorley, United Kingdom
“A different experience”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This place was a refreshing change and has a reasonable amount of sea food on the menu. The menu also allows you to opt for three smaller versions of dishes - like a tapas style. I had three different types of fish for both starter and mains. My husband chose the steak flight option who've consisted for three meats including Elk, bison and steak. We both enjoyed the meal, and they did alter some of the sauces for me (diary free) however one of my fish dishes was undercook. In fairness, the waiter who was excellent, offered to get me another which I declined as I had eaten far too much. The did however give me a free dessert - which my husband ate mostly!! This again eas excellent.I would go back again but order one starter between us and likewise with dessert.

1 Thank Abbey1
Indiana
“A restaurant that "gets it."”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Isn't it refreshing when an establishment does all it can to make you feel like you are a valued guest and they are deeply appreciative of your patronage? This place does that, and more.

I had reservations for 8 people (through Open Table), found myself needing a table for 10 and called about 2 p.m. to change the reservation. My request was accommodated with "certainly sir" and all was good. Then, about 30 minutes before reservation time, two of my guests cancelled, taking my party back to 8. I showed up, apologized for the change and their response was "don't worry, sir, just give us a moment to reset your table and we'll seat you."

Joshua was our server and clearly enjoys his job. He was assisted, as necessary, by other colleagues to keep our drinks filled and to deliver food. His knowledge of the menu was impressive.

If you're not familiar with the "flight" concept you'll find it fun and a great way to try many dishes. They allow you to "mix and match" along different food groups and everyone in my party enjoyed the opportunity. Being, vegan, I asked Joshua if they would prepare a vegetarian dish without dairy and he said "of course!" Mushroom stuffed ravioli and freshed sauteed vegetables were delivered hot and tasty.

I took advantage of the wine flight, opting for a Cab trio, again suggested by Joshua.

My guests had flights of dessert and I saw expressions of ecstacy with each bite.

While it was difficult to hear my guests at the other end of the table, the noise was simply the joy being experienced by the other guests. For a table of 4 lor 6 this wouldn't be a problem. And, what a romantic place for a couples dinner!

Outdoor dining is available.

I travel extensively, to many cities and The Flight in Memphis is among the best restaurants I've ever found. I'll be back, next time with my sweetheart.

If you're near Memphis, try to find a way to experience this wonderful restaurant and ask for Joshua's section.

(Oh...the prices are very reasonable. My total bill was about 15% less than my bill for the same number of people the night before at Itta Bena's and The Flight included dessert.)

1 Thank HoosierTravelers08
Chicago, Illinois
“A lovely spot for a nicer bite in Memphis.”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

A group of us enjoyed a rather lovely and extended meal here last fall. We were in search of something a little bit nicer with a good menu. I loved the flight concept with respect to wines (no choosing of one glass you might not like!), and was intrigued to see how the concept would translate to food.

Here, it worked pretty well. While it was not the best meal I'd ever had, it was good, the service was lovely, and it fit the bill for something a bit nicer (giving us gals a reason to don our heels.)

If you're in Memphis and looking for a nicer place to dine (or are doing it on someone else's dime, this place isn't cheap), check Flight out.

• Visited October 2011