“Relaxing walk through the garden”

Memphis Botanic Garden
Ranked #21 of 161 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: Peaceful gardens offering beautiful scenery all year round.
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Well done gardens with expansive grounds. Great place for the kids to burn off energy after a few indoor museums. Peaceful and relaxing.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"couple of hours"
"great place to visit"

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Beautiful grounds - lovely Japanese garden and bridge. Love the daffodils in the spring and roses in the summer. Huge magnolia trees all over the grounds. Interesting art displays - fun place for parties, events and concerts.

1  Thank MBH54
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My son loves My Big Backyard, and to have regular access to it, we have a family membership. I've been disappointed by some of the events here. Mother's day brunch was a bland buffet and was moved indoors because of light rain, so the beauty of the gardens couldn't be enjoyed. People had to sit at large tables of 10, so rather than having a personal dining experience with my family, I had to sit with a bunch of strangers. We also had a disappointing experience on the opening night of their holiday lights event, when nothing was working in time for the opening. I would love to try one of their wine tasting events, but they are on Tuesday nights which is tough to manage when you have a family. It's definitely a nice place for a visit but I'm not sure I'll be renewing my membership, as I'm just not seeing the value.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Hadn't been there in a while. The rose gardens were in bloom- gorgeous! The building that you enter the gardens through is popular for wedding receptions. Gardens famous for irises, roses, and millions of other plants and flowers that are all named so you know what you are looking at. There is a "Big Back Yard" area for kids that is one of the neatest things I've seen in my 38 years in Memphis. Also a small restaurant that overlooks the gardens.