“Snowy Nights, not worth $7, Sorry.”

Memphis Botanic Garden
Ranked #19 of 159 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: Peaceful gardens offering beautiful scenery all year round.
Reviewed December 27, 2011

So. there is no snow, the backyard play area is closed, this is good for maybe 20 minutes of keeping the attention of any child over the age of 7. For a 5yr old, perfect, will keep them busy for 45 minutes.

They have put up heaters so you can warm up, they have fire pits too. The fire pits are to generate revenue though, buy smores from the yellow house and buy hot coco too. Buy Buy Buy, more on top of the $7 you already spent to get in. .

The one thing very cool: I large "lite bright", they took clear water bottles filled with colored water and you stick them into a chain link fence to create patterns, very cool.

I love the Gardens, love the big backyard, when it's open and the kids can run jump and play for hours of fun. I regularly attend Live @ The Garden concerts and go for long walks in the gardens.

My 2 stars is for Snowy Nights, everything else 4 stars.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

The amount of money that is syphoned off into this joke of a B O T A N I C A L Garden is not only phenominal but criminal. Hardly worth the sweaty walk

Reviewed December 15, 2011

I liked this botanical garden but I can honestly that I have been to better ones. It was good but this is geared more for families and small kids. Since I was traveling alone and I was killing some time before my flight back home, it was "okay." It didn't knock my socks off. I did like how they come up with some really clever interactive play-oriented exhibits for the kids.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

One would never think of a Botanical Garden to be REALLY entertaining for children. This one is. They've added what is called "Our Big Backyard". It is FULL of fun. It has a GIGANTIC Bird House for kids to explore, a VAST array of swings including a butterfly Chrysallis. There a bridges and small bodies of water, there is an area JUST FOR toddlers so big kids don't accidentally step on them. There is also a small "city" of little houses for kids to explore as well. They could use better refreshments and gifts in the giftshop.
The gardens themselves are a gardeners dream. Take your time and enjoy the beauty!

1  Thank Beverly M
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I loved my time at the gardens! I was so pleasantly surprised when I visited the gardens for the first time. There is an artistic vibe along with beautiful gardens. Great place for kids to explore and play. Big tree houses, music areas, nature walks, and artistic touches all over!
I highly recommended this to anyone, couples, families, or by yourself. :)
Go and enjoy...take a picnic and spend the day!