“Money pit”

Memphis Botanic Garden
Ranked #21 of 156 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: Peaceful gardens offering beautiful scenery all year round.
Reviewed December 22, 2011

The amount of money that is syphoned off into this joke of a B O T A N I C A L Garden is not only phenominal but criminal. Hardly worth the sweaty walk

There are newer reviews for Memphis Botanic Garden

Reviewed December 15, 2011

I liked this botanical garden but I can honestly that I have been to better ones. It was good but this is geared more for families and small kids. Since I was traveling alone and I was killing some time before my flight back home, it was "okay." It didn't knock my socks off. I did like how they come up with some really clever interactive play-oriented exhibits for the kids.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

One would never think of a Botanical Garden to be REALLY entertaining for children. This one is. They've added what is called "Our Big Backyard". It is FULL of fun. It has a GIGANTIC Bird House for kids to explore, a VAST array of swings including a butterfly Chrysallis. There a bridges and small bodies of water, there is an area JUST FOR toddlers so big kids don't accidentally step on them. There is also a small "city" of little houses for kids to explore as well. They could use better refreshments and gifts in the giftshop.
The gardens themselves are a gardeners dream. Take your time and enjoy the beauty!

1  Thank Beverly M
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I loved my time at the gardens! I was so pleasantly surprised when I visited the gardens for the first time. There is an artistic vibe along with beautiful gardens. Great place for kids to explore and play. Big tree houses, music areas, nature walks, and artistic touches all over!
I highly recommended this to anyone, couples, families, or by yourself. :)
Go and enjoy...take a picnic and spend the day!

Reviewed December 4, 2011

Kids will love this place too. They have alot of good stuff for them. It's a good walk around. I really enjoy going here at different times of the year.

1  Thank Sad12181