TripAdvisor
Memphis
Post
Inbox
Search

“Loved this place. Went back again two days later during a very short stay in Memphis”
Review of The Liquor Store

The Liquor Store
Ranked #433 of 1,737 Restaurants in Memphis
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The biscuits are heavenly.....I did ask for the recipe, and I sadly never heard back from them.....I guess that's ok, and I won't hold it against them. Great service, great jam, love the vibe and the cuban decor. Such a cute place. I've only been for breakfast, but I'd go back for cocktails next time I'm in town.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a reviewReviews (24)

Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

We found this by accident! An old liquor store that was a cool and delicious find. Wonderful service and menu. Homemade bread and tender meat with fried plantains made The Cuban a great lunch.
Definitely shareable.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 17, 2019

We went for brunch with some friends. All of us finished our dishes and there were no complains whatsoever but neither was anyone impressed with something he/she had. Overall a neutral experience. A breakfast you can get and forget in many places in these states. Definitely not a Cuban restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 25, 2019

This is a Cuban themed restaurant someway from the centre of town. The food is fine, but that is hardly enough to merit the travel to what is now a barren wasteland of warehouses and vacant lots. The Liquor Store is misnamed: as a restaurant it has a counter and tables that recall the 1950s. Food is the standard range of egg dishes, biscuits, and meat combos one can find anywhere. I ordered eggs sunny side up with a side of Cuban pork and some home fries. The pork turned out to be pulled pork (it wasn’t obvious that this was so) and had an odour and flavour I didn’t care for. I left it entirely alone; no one asked why or made any comment, although otherwise the service was prompt and attentive.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

We went her for lunch during the week. It was busy but not bad. Seated immediately and order taken quickly. The menu is limited (breakfast all day and lunch is primarily sandwiches). We both had the Cuban sandwich w fries. It was pretty good but not with going back for. The atmosphere is diner casual; definitely not business or special occasion. There are other restaurants nearby that have more atmosphere and interesting menus at this price point.

Date of visit: May 2019

Been to The Liquor Store? Share your experiences!