“Let The Food Times Roll”

Cafe Laroux By Dejavu
Ranked #135 of 1,437 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chef Gary Williams brings you Cafe Laroux by DeJavu is a Buffet Styled Restaurant serving Breakfast and Lunch. This is an upgrade, but still DeJavu with a twist. Now we are located at 1005 Tillman st. in the United Way building. Cafe Laroux by DeJavu is a Buffet Styled Restaurant serving Breakfast and Lunch. For breakfast, we prepare turkey sausage, shrimp and grits, hash browns and omelets. Lunch will be similar to the DeJaVu menu with "meat-and-three" plates and vegetarian and vegan options.
Memphis, Tennessee
“Let The Food Times Roll”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We visited Deja Vu as a family and it was so incredible I decided to take my father for his birthday. Both times we had incredible service and the food was perfect.This space doesn't have the ability to convey how good i thought the food was so I am going to share my blog post that I was inspired to write and then rewrite after our second visit. If you are in Downtown Memphis and you are looking for a place to eat, park and take the trolley down to South Main. I promise you won't regret it. Here is my blog post. http://www.cbpublish.com/memphis-hi-lites-deja-vu-let-the-food-times-roll/

3 Thank ChrisARCHCBpub

Arrington, Tennessee
“Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Good food, atmosphere, and service! We had gumbo, étouffée , shrimp and grits, and bananas foster. Gumbo and étouffée were unbelievable. Probably wouldn't repeat the shrimp and grits because the shrimp had a funny texture. The bananas foster was grainy because they hadn't cooked the brown sugar, butter, and alcohol long enough, but still had a good taste. We will eat here again.

Louisiana
“Incredible! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

We ate at the Main Street location this evening and I absolutely loved it! I ordered the fried catfish with red beans/rice and fries, delicious! My son ordered the fried chicken and it was yummy as well. I wish I lived here so I could enjoy this great restaurant all the time. The service was fantastic and friendly! Go try it, you'll love it!

2 Thank lamomof4
Memphis
“Great Cajun Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

This relatively small restaurant is the 2nd location in Memphis. It is on Main Street on the trolley line. We had fried oysters as appetizer which were lightly battered, perfectly cooked, and served with a nice remoulade sauce rather than cocktail sauce. We share the sampler entrée with shrimp creole, gumbo, crawfish etouffee and alligator stew. All four were excellent and the entrée was a generous serving for 2 people. The bread pudding for dessert was the only disappointment. I will definitely go back for more, and look forward to trying other dishes.

Memphis, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Some kinda good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

First visit last night. A very lively place. Wonderful , festive atmosphere befitting it's name.
Although it was very busy our server, Robert was always on point.
We started with fried oysters; some of the best I've had in years. They were hand breaded and just so good I could have had a few more and used that as my entree!
I had catfish dish topped with crawfish étouffée which was phenomenal! My sides if collards and red beans&rice were equally stellar.
Nothing but kudos for this place. The staff, the food, the ambiance all combined to make a memorable dining experience. I am a Tour Director and plan to sing it's praises when ever the opportunity permits.
I'll definitely make many return visits!