“New Orleans a little closer to home”

Cafe Laroux By Dejavu
Ranked #123 of 1,437 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chef Gary Williams brings you Cafe Laroux by DeJavu is a Buffet Styled Restaurant serving Breakfast and Lunch. This is an upgrade, but still DeJavu with a twist. Now we are located at 1005 Tillman st. in the United Way building. Cafe Laroux by DeJavu is a Buffet Styled Restaurant serving Breakfast and Lunch. For breakfast, we prepare turkey sausage, shrimp and grits, hash browns and omelets. Lunch will be similar to the DeJaVu menu with "meat-and-three" plates and vegetarian and vegan options.
Columbus, OH
“New Orleans a little closer to home”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This place is tiny, but, the food is big! We waited for a table and they asked my husband and I if we minded sitting with another couple. Of course! Let's eat! The food is amazing! I got Big Keith's Bayou Classic with tilapia. The shrimp and crawfish were so fresh and tender. Everyone at the table loved the food. Chef Gary came out and greeted everyone. What a great guy! We only wished we had more time in Memphis. Watch their hours, they are closed on Sundays and close up early for dinner other days. We will be back, some day, we will be back!

1 Thank wise_travels

memphis
“EAT LOCAL!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I finally went to Deja Vu after hearing so much about it. I was not disappointed. Wow, a place in Memphis where vegans and non vegans have so many choices. I love it when Chef Gary comes to talk to all of the customers and I love eating local. The service was great and I loved the pasta primavera. I'm excited that Chef Gary is opening a second restaurant on S. Main that will be open for dinner in a month.
I got a kick out of the fact that a couple from LA stopped by to eat on their drive back to California. That says a lot.

2 Thank caoh
“New favorite resturant”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I gave eaten at déjà vu many times and it has become my favorite. Chef Gary and his wife run a great place. Food is outstanding. Every meal I have had had been delicious. I enjoyed the blackened fish and pasta. The bananas foster cheesecake is worth the trip. I understand that Gary is opening another place on south main with bar and more seating. Can not wait

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“I would certainly do it again!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Southern charm at this small, inconspicuous busy restaurant. Table sharing is likely for small groups. ("Ya'all mind sharing?")
Food was amazing with many vegetarian options! Friendly service. Would go again for sure!

Visited May 2013
Sherwood, Arkansas
“First time visit, but not the last!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Lady friend and I found this hole in the wall on Florida just a couple hours before it closed. So glad we were able to get in but still had to share a table with another couple. Please expand and/or add some patio seating. Your food is worth it! As for the chow, I had some excellent gumbo stocked with all kinds of goodies (even a crab shell) and a very tasty piece of Boudin. We also tried the Honey roasted chicken with a very tastly tarragon sauce. Could have had a little more meat on the bones but was tasty. Looks like business is good so I hope they can expand and spread the love.