“Don't miss this one!”
Review of Cafe Laroux By Dejavu - CLOSED

Cafe Laroux By Dejavu
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Chef Gary Williams brings you Cafe Laroux by DeJavu is a Buffet Styled Restaurant serving Breakfast and Lunch. This is an upgrade, but still DeJavu with a twist. Now we are located at 1005 Tillman st. in the United Way building. Cafe Laroux by DeJavu is a Buffet Styled Restaurant serving Breakfast and Lunch. For breakfast, we prepare turkey sausage, shrimp and grits, hash browns and omelets. Lunch will be similar to the DeJaVu menu with "meat-and-three" plates and vegetarian and vegan options.
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I normally do not go 5 stars across the board, but they deserve it. It could be argued that you can't give this restaurant a 5 for atmosphere because it is a dive, but sometimes that's what makes a restaurant what it is. Trust me, the food is good enough to be served in a white linen atmosphere, but it would be a misrepresentation. This is creole soul food served in the correct setting. Every item we had was home cooked and done very well, and we had an entree, six sides, and a boudin sausage. The boudin was the best I have ever had hands down. The sides were stewed okra, grilled cabbage, navy beans, red beans and rice, fried plantains, and collard greens. All were fresh, completely home cooked and excellent. I ordered a seafood item of the menu, can't remember the name, but was two large blackened catfish filets topped with a delectable cream sauce and enough shrimp and crawfish to feed an army. The total bill with tip was around 30 dollars and could have fed 4. The service was awesome to. Friendly, fun staff that cared about our experience. Don't miss this one!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had both a Cajun and vegetarian entrée with sides of greens, fries and cornbread. All was excellent and reasonably priced. Tea was good too. Chatted with the chef who is a real character and from New Orleans.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I had lunch at this small quaint restaurant with my husband. We read many great reviews of the restaurant and decided to give it a try. Driving up to the establishment is a bit intimidating, but that feeling is transient once you enter the restaurant and savor the aroma of the food. I had a vegatable plate and my husband had the tilapia. Our food was delicious. It was lightly seasoned and fresh. The staff was very friendly and the owner came out to make sure that the customers enjoyed the food. This was an awesome experience and I would highly recommend this for anyone looking for really amazing food!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great place for Authentic Orleans Creole! I had Big Keith's Tasty plate of shrimp and craw tails. Awesome! Partners had shrimp combo and ettouffe....both crazy good! Staff was welcoming ans friendly...do yourself a favor and get the peachcobbler. Gary the owner will be happy to see ya!

Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

It's in a strange location and looks run down from the outside but inside its cozy and welcoming. The head chef himself walks around to make sure you're enjoying yourself. Service is friendly and food is fantastic! Truly creole cuisine-- we had jambalaya, collard greens, candied yams, veggie brown rice, and andouille sausage. Quite happy.