“Exceeded (admittedly low) expectations”

Quality Suites I-240 East-Airport
Ranked #82 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Exceeded (admittedly low) expectations”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had to drive from St. Louis to Memphis to catch a flight unexpectedly after the St. Louis airport was damaged by a tornado, so we booked this hotel at the last minute because we were looking for a place near the airport to crash for about 8 hours. I was apprehensive after reading some of the tripadvisor reviews, but have to say, this place wasn't that bad. It's not in a good neighborhood (the property is surrounded by a high security fence and more liquor stores than I've ever seen in my life). Some of the guests looked a little shady, but there were also families with kids like us. The rooms and lobby were pretty clean. By far, though, the highlight of the trip was the night manager Larry Hawkins. He was professional, extremely friendly, had the kids laughing, and helped us coordinate an airport shuttle at 4 am. The shuttle driver was also very nice, right on time despite the fact that it was so early, and he was extremely helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Athens, Alabama
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The stay was average. We just needed a place to stay enroute overnight. The clerk at check-in was friendly. However, computer was very slow. Although teh hotel is non smoking, our room had a smeel in it. The room was large and confortable. The breakfast area was very busy and not being kept clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lookout Mountain, Georgia
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I travel mainly for business. So, when I get to the room at night, I'm doing work and trying to relax. VERY hard to do when you have a Bunch of screaming kids running up and down the hall from the pool, and the slamming of the doors. Plus, the people above up all night walking around. During the week was better, some, but still not great. It's not a good area of the city, either. The breakfast was not what I was expecting for a Comfort Suites. More like a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I had to find a room late at last minute....From the moment I called before arriving & then once I arrived (1am) until the time I left (6am) the guy at the front desk was so friendly and helpful. I also used their airport shuttle and the driver was friendly too! Will stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed May 2013
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Nice hotel. Spacious suites, quiet and well equipped. Clean, comfortable and welcoming reception. Average breakfast.

Arrival was the typical Choice Hotel cock up. Go to room 401, door won't open, that's because it says 201 not 401; 201 stinks; change room to 303, Wifi doesn't work they need to reboot switch on the connection which is in 304 - bizarre. Also noticed there was an ironing board but no iron.

Acid test is I would stay there again.

HOPEFULLY CHOICE MANAGEMENT IS READING THIS BECAUSE I THINK THERE'S A REAL QUALITY CONTROL ISSUE AT YOUR HOTELS.

arrival at this hotel - see above - just about sums up whats happening at choice hotels. after a long journey you get to your room and there's a problem .

previous hotel the toilet was blocked.

we've now go and inspect the room first and check that everything works, especially wifi, before moving in and settling down.

yes staff do put things right fairly promptly but it's just a level of agro you dont need when you've just driven all day and are tired. whatever happened to quality control. why don't you check everything's ok.

i've been a choice customer for years and am fairly loyal but i am getting to the point where i'm starting to think of switching brands.

and whilst i'm having a good old rant isn't it about time that you realised that wifi is an essential. when i switch the light on i expect it to work first time and not have to put in some inane pissword and faff around.

then i dont expect to be told it's very slow because people are using it - that excuse wouldn't cut it with other utilities, too many people switching on lights / turning on the taps.

why do you need passwords and logons. get real think about the potential abuse from outsiders versus customer service. why can't i just walk in and it works and its high speed as in your adverts.

constructive rant over.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TonyandWendy12
Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you don't mind the pungent odor of Marijuana then book your stay in Memphis at the Thousand Oaks Comfort Suites. Besides the smell, this facility was a breeding ground for suspicious activities. Security doors did not lock on one side of the hotel. Management was unable to secure building from bad element that was swarming around the parking lot where security lock inoperable. I witnessed him walking out to this area several times. Each time ended the same, this bad element was not going to leave. In my opinion Security is the most important part of a good stay at a hotel. However, it seems to be overlooked! I would not recommend single women, families, or the elderly to stay at this hotel.
Sincerely, Kansas Mason

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have stayed at the comfort suites several times and it has always been great. Staff is always the best! Ricky, Scott, and Shay are the soooo helpful. They have recently upgraded the rooms with new pictures, and paint. I think this is a wonderful hotel and everytime my kids and I come to visit we will definitely stay at the Comfort Suites Thousand Oaks! :)

• Stayed April 2013