“Would never stay again”

Quality Suites I-240 East-Airport
Ranked #81 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
“Would never stay again”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This hotel looked very nice from the website. However as we learned firsthand & from police it is in a very bad neighborhood. My truck was broken into & my Marine Corps ribbons & CDs were stolen. Hotel mngr seemed disinterested & unconcerned. Hotel is old & in some disrepair. Only highlight was day Mgr. Ashley who was very friendly & attentive ( not on duty day of break in). On our arrival she moved us to a different room as the one we were given smelled of cigarette smoke & floor was littered with ash even though it was a non smoking room

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank SJGfam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My overall impression of this hotel is that the people who run it don't care. Our room carpet was damp and dirty everywhere, hallways were dirty and trashy. At breakfast they were out of everything but toast and cereal, all the coffee urns were empty. I found somewhere to tell about it and they said they would see about it but ten minutes later they were still sitting there so I finally left without anything. Stay away from this place!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sunsweet_5
Corning, California
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Our reservation was entered on the wrong day (I believe the young lady was not paying attention to my request over the phone)
Problem was handled quickly by Scott..
But we had to change rooms during our two night stay.
No problem, enjoyed the location and staff.

Room Tip: Be sure to get CLEAR directions or use a GPS
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here because AAA gave it 3 stars. I think AAA needs to relook at this property. The carpets were dirty, lots of trash in the elevator, broken ice machine, someone's gum stuck to our bathroom door, and holes under the carpet in our room. Only positive was the breakfast was fine. Try another hotel.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GoWolfpack
Sacramento, California
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We have stayed in better properties in our trip. First, the property was hard to find. If we did not have a GPS we would have had a hard time to find the property. Second, there was a lax attititude at the font desk. Still, the staff did their best to help other guest, incuding ourselves. It would appear that there is no program for training staff, no snappyness in their approach.

Room Tip: Get past the front desk and check your room first
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed May 2, 2012

The hotel showed some age but it was very comfortable and quiet. The room had a desk, stuffed chair, sofa as well as the bed. Also had a very good, hot breakfast in the morning. The pool area was kind of odd - the pool was "open" but the lights were turned off. Easy on/off I-240.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bountiful-IA
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

I thought the service was great. The staff was very friendly. I will stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012