“Convenient accomodation”

Country Hearth Inn & Suites
Ranked #82 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed December 26, 2010

Comfort inn and comfort suites are different. Always opt for comfort suites. Complimentary breakfast was disappointing. However this facility was reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank L G
There are newer reviews for Country Hearth Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 20, 2010

Hotel was very clean, soft sheets and pillows and towels!! Really close to Graceland and near the interstate to go downtown. Staff was friendly. Has a breakfast- nothing overly special but we were full- Some cereal, toast, danishes, waffles and bagels. We had two double beds and were worried 4 people wouldn't fit into them but beds were very comfy and we fit! Secure parking lot. easy to get to- we had a great time for the price and definitely go back!! we had two double beds and were worried 4 people wouldn't fit into them but beds were very comfy and we fit!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank peachie_36
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Stayed here as it was close to Graceland and like Comfort Inn chain. Although not in the best neighborhood, I felt safe (we were a couple of single ladies). Staff was kind & helpful, but room was not clean. Looks as if it's used heavily by truckers, but for the casual traveler or vacationer, choose something else to be completely comfortable. We had to change sheets out on the bed (stained) and furniture and floor were not at all cleaned well. I would not stay here again or recommend it to my family & friends.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank EuroShanny
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I booked this hotel on the phone-was told must cancel before 4 pm. We did not arrive in Salem until 5pm. When we got to the motel there were people(didn't look too good) hanging about in the chain link fenced yard. It was a neighborhood of abandoned buildings, dirt, crime and generally a place noone would want to stay. We went in, asked to see the room-we went down a dirty hallway and into a room in which the pillows looked like they had been used. The carpet was dirty and the bathroom was poorly outfitted to be a handicap room. We went up front and told the receptionist we would be staying, canceled our reservation for 2 days but were not refunded any money. Not up to any standards.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nothappy0629
Reviewed March 26, 2010

My Aunt and I were in Memphis to see Graceland, as we frequently do. We usually stay at the Heartbreak Hotel, but decided to save some money and try the Comfort Inn. Beware, that the area of town is not the best, but don't let that spoil the Hotel. Also the hotel is near the Airport, and sometimes it is very loud. Also, the area has a lot of truck places and a lot of truckers stay at the hotel. The hotel lobby was very nice and open. We really liked the nice lobby and the entry way. We arrived at the Hotel around 10AM to make our reservation, and surprising we could already check in. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and everything was in it's place. The room had a small microwave and a small fridge, two double beds, a comfy chair, a 22 inch TV. The bathroom was very clean, and the shower water pressure was awesome! We only had two complaints about the room. The first one was that there was small cob webs hanging from the ceiling trim. The second compliant was that the heater really smelt bad when turned on. The hotel offered a free breakfast, and it looked okay and there was a good variety, but we didn't have time to eat. Over all, this is a clean hotel and the room was very cozy. I will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2010
1  Thank Cally3577
Reviewed December 30, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this Comfort Inn & Suites as one of several stopovers on a roadtrip from DC to Dallas. We spent the afternoon at the Pink Palace Museum and the evening on Beale St. and checked into the hotel around 11pm. We liked the location because we wanted to get to Graceland as soon as it opened the next morning and this hotel is only a few minutes away.

I used Choice Privileges points so I did not pay anything for the stay. Check-in was speedy.

The room was adequate. The king bed was very comfortable. There was a refrigerator and microwave. The sink area was very large and looked brand new. The shower was a little older, and while it worked fine, there are obvioulsy no water restrictors in place because the water pressure was so strong that it was LOUD. Our toilet actually started leaking in the morning and we reported it to the front desk clerk who promptly wrote it up.

The only gripe about this hotel is that because of its proximity to the airport, it can get a little loud. I was awakened a couple times because I heard was I thought was loud traffic, but it was actually plane engines firing up at 3am and 4am. I couldn't believe that commercial flights would be taking off from the Memphis airport at that hour, but I later learned that the FedEx headquarters is in Memphis and every shipment goes in and out of Memphis before it gets routed to its final destination... so the planes I heard were FedEx planes. I'm not sure if staying on the opposite side of the hotel would be quieter... we were in room 103. Of course, the planes didn't wake my husband, so I guess it depends on how heavy a sleeper you are.

Breakfast was adequate. I love it when hotels have waffle makers. :)

We were planning on getting up early to use the fitness room, but we slept longer than we wanted to (too much fun on Beale St.). The machines looked new... there was a treadmill, an elliptical machine and a stationary bike.

I would probably stay here again if I was passing through, but I would request a room farther from the highway and the airport noise, if that is even possible.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2009

We were driving cross country (Providence to Nashville to Texas to Memphis and then back) and needed a place to stay. We decided on the Comfort inn and suites in Memphis ahead of time. We didn't have reservations but showed up at approximately 8 am. We were met with about the friendliest receptionist I'd ever encountered. They let us check in right then first thing in the morning and even asked if we had AAA, and gave us an excellent rate. Room was standard, TV, shower, bed. Clean, and good hot water. All you could ask for in a hotel. Yes, it is near some sort of industrial area, but if you're tired and need a place to stay that isn't going to try and mess you over, I'd recommend here. Super nice staff and clean room at a reasonable price

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple