“Great!!!!”

Country Hearth Inn & Suites
Ranked #83 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My family & I had an emergency. We needed rooms quickly & inexpensive. Mr. Jay the hotel manager made this possible. Once my family arrived, Mr. Jay, Mrs. Daisy & the house keeping supervisor were of great assistance. The rooms were great & the service. We stayed from February 8-10. The Marlow family wanted to let the public know, how great my family stay was & that we appreciate the good hospitality.

Thanks again,
Sharon Nelms

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank SNelms

Reviewed November 5, 2012

i have stayed at this hotel for many years. it has gone through a few name changes but the staff has remained the same. the owner is really nice and a pleasure to talk to. the fitness center is accomodating and everything works well in there. the rooms has flat screens and the showers have great pressure. the channel selection is plentiful. the breakfast is small and only has waffles, cereal, and boiled eggs. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. and according to the person commenting about bugs, all i can say is ive stayed in this hotel 50 times in the last 5 years and have not once seen any. this hotel use to be a comfort inn, so the rooms are of comfort inn quality.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2012

On Friday, August 3, 2012, my family and I checked into the Budgetel Inn located at 3005 MillBranch Road in Memphis, Tennessee. We were a late arrival guaranteed with a credit card. Our room, while sparse, appeared to be clean. We slept that evening and on the next da, Saturday, August 4th, left for our visit to Graceland. Upon returning to the room, my husband and children decided to take an afternoon nap while my mother and I spent time in the lobby.

At approximately 4 p.m., my husband awoke to find roaches crawling on the lapshade near his bed. He immediately brought this to my attention and I caught one of the roaches in a small cup of water. My husband and I went to the front desk and without making a scene, talked with the young lady who was the evening desk clerk. We explained and showed her what we had found in our room. She made note of the incident in a spiral-bound notebook and through the cup away.

At no time in our conversation did she offer us other accomodations. We then told her that we were not comfortable staying in the facility and checked out. We asked that we be compensated for that evening, but she told us that she did not have the authority to do so and gave us a business card. She printed the name of the manager who would be working the next day, a Ms. Daisy Hart and stated that we could contact her. She also annotated on our guest folio printout "DAYROOM ROACHES IN ROOM."

Upon arriving at our home on Sunday, August 5th, I contacted Ms. Hart who graciously acknowledged that she was aware of the situation, but that it would be up to the general manager to make the decision to refund our money. I asked if I could speak with him, a Mr. Jay Patel, but was told by Ms. Hart that he was not available but she would be talking with him and would contact me later.

On Monday, August 6th, I called the hotel again and asked Ms. Hart if she had spoken with Mr. Patel to which she stated that she had and he had related that he had checked the room and found no other bugs. Furthermore, he would be checking the next day and would get back with us.

On August 10th, I sent a letter to the corporate office of Budgetel requesting that the $86.97 charge be refunded to our credit card. As of this date, we have not had any response to our correspondence.
Today is Wednesday, August 8th, and we have had no further resolution to this issue.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Regina H
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several years for Elvis Week. It has had several name changes but the staff is still the same. The staff is very nice and go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. My plan is to stay at this hotel for many years to come.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I was one of four sisters who came to spend the full week at GRACELAND and stayed at the Budgetel on Millbranch. While it is not a four star hotel it is clean, very safe and you cannot ask for nicer people who work there! All of my sisters agree with this comment! We stayed in the same room and had plenty of space. This is saying alot for four women together! I would not hesitate to come back and I'm sure we will. They provide a shuttle to the airport and to GRACELAND which we used quite often. Ms. Daisy at the front desk is a JEWEL as is everyone who works there.We all THANK YOU so much for helping to make our stay a very memoriable one.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor and as there is an elevator we found it to be very good.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This is our 3rd time staying here, and we wouldn't stay at any other place in this area. The rates are reasonable, staff is beyond friendly, and it is very clean here. We have never once had any problem staying here ever. There is alot to do in this area as well. Marlowe's restaurant, Graceland, etc. Mostly truck drivers stay at this hotel, as they have trucks in the shop. It is quiet inside the hotel, and never any rowdy people have been present any of the times we have stayed here. They have a continental breakfast with toast, cereals, donuts, & pastries, a waffle maker, boiled eggs, coffee, juices, & milk. Good place to stay!

Room Tip: As with any hotel you stop at: ask to see the room before paying. It prevents problems if you don...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We stayed at this hotel two separate times as it was close to the airport and Graceland but we also had free nights. The staff was extremely friendly & helpful. Rooms were clean but not spotless as there was the black mold around the bathtub caulking - a big turn off! Light breakfast consisted of rolls, hard boiled eggs, waffles & cereal. The building just needed some maintainance - curb appeal, front desk , stairwells. It was also located by a busy road which quieted down by 8;00 Of the five different Choice hotels we stayed at on this trip I would rate this at the bottom. The last night we were there two young men decided to pull the tires off a car, do something to the steering and play loud music outside our window until around 8:00 when they finally got the car running. I think there could have been a better place to overhaul a car! The other hotels were decorated for fall inside and out while this one just had a few things around the dining area. It was an ok place for 1 or 2 nights.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room on the east side as it is close to a major road.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family