“WAY better than the Springhill Suites next door”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Ranked #20 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed April 29, 2014

If you need a couch, chair and sink and want to be sure you get a fridge and microwave, then, the Springhill Suites will get you by. However, there are rooms here with the Microwave and Fridge. The difference in cleanliness (SS is dingy and worn) and the difference in staff (this Fairfield really knows how to be friendly) makes me choose to stay here every time I'm out this way (at least once a month). Good job guys!

1  Thank hbbeam
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Hbbeam,
Thank you so much for your kind review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. I'm so glad to hear that my staff is the reason you keep coming back. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and I'm happy that it is noticed. We look forward to your return.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We selected this hotel based on the terrific reviews. It was a quick stay while on a family road trip between cities and the excellent reviews were right on. The rooms clean and up-to-date and the staff overly friendly and accommodating. The location is convenient to downtown and there is plenty nearby from a mall to typical chain restaurants if this is what you prefer. I highly recommend this property when in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Goose54,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm so glad that you enjoyed our convenient location and accommodating staff. We take great pride in our hotel and I'm glad that it shows through to our guests. Please allow the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East to host you again on your next visit.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I love staying here because the staff is always so professional and friendly. My room is clean and the location is great for shopping. They even have a small store to buy essentials at in the lobby. The beds are very comfortable and the air conditioning keeps my room nice and cool.

• Stayed: April 2014
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Damonlooper,
Thank you so much for your kind words for our staff. I have shared your review with them, and they are delighted that they were able to make your stay more enjoyable. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Friendly, helpful staff. Rooms are very clean and beds are comfortable. Breakfast in the morning offered the normal selections but also added hard boiled eggs and biscuits and gravy. The location is convenient to downtown Memphis.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Ed_Pepling,
Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your great stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. I'm so happy that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and convenient location. Please come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel was very clean, had nice amenities and was the best hotel stay I had in a week of work in Memphis. They appreciated my business and made me feel right at home.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Mandy D,
Thank you for your review! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. I'm glad that my staff was friendly and helpful and made you feel at home. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to the area.

Kind thanks,

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I was put in a handicap room and when ask why the rep said it was the only room that they had left but didn't express that when I was making reservations I would have not stay there two nights if I knew that before hand because me or my wife is handicap

1  Thank bigdaddy501
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Bigdaddy501,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that was caused by staying in a handicapped room. Please know that the only difference between our handicapped rooms and our non handicapped rooms is the bathroom. Once again, I'm sorry for any trouble this caused you and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to make up for this on your next trip to Memphis.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We planned a very last minute trip to Memphis for the NCAA Basketball tournament. Hotels were literally selling out while I was looking at them. A friend who used to live in Memphis suggested this part of town for us to stay, and I an a Marriott Elite member, so we went with it - even though we tend to stay at more full service hotels.

We pulled up to the hotel late on Wednesday 3/26. What was the first thing we saw? A large tour bus with lots of teenagers unloading. UGH!! I was already trying to figure out a Plan B, but knowing most everything (now including this hotel) was sold out, in we went to check in.

We were greeted by a very friendly young man, given our room # (first floor - YUCK) and off we went. We passed the pubic bathrooms, the ice machine, the weight room, and then we can to our door. Right in between the weight room and the stairs. Quite possibly the world's worst room location. Called the desk, no where to move us. Super. This is going to be a long 4 nights.

We were pleasantly surprised honestly. We kept the a/c fan on for some white noise, and besides some elephants going up and down the stairs, it was pretty quiet. Would I ever stay in this room again - no way, but it could have been a whole lot worse.

The breakfast in the morning was perfectly adequate for being included in the room rate. My kids had waffles and a piece of fruit each morning. There were eggs and a meat (sausage, canadian bacon) each morning. It was plenty to get us through to lunch.

The hotel was a recently remodeled Fairfield, so it was very nicely done. The beds were comfortable, and the rooms were clean and well done.

It was about a 20 minute drive straight into Downtown Memphis, and it is located in a mall area with every store and restaurant you could want. Great access to everything.

Overall, other than the cruddy room location, I would absolutely stay here again if my travels should again bring me to Memphis.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the 1st floor - especially between the weight room and the staircase (specifically room...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank GoCoastalTravel
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear GoCoastalTravel,
Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. We are so glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by our hotel and service. We hope that you enjoyed your time in Memphis and that we will see you again on your next trip.

Kind thanks,