“What a nice place to stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Ranked #20 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were awesome. Comfy beds great tv and a spacious room. The staff was absolutely wonderful and very accomodating of our large group. There were numerous restaraunts that were close enough walking distance and many more less than a mile away. Overall its a great place to stay. Thanks :)

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Frank I
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Frank I,
Thank you so much for leaving a review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. I'm very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that my staff helped to make it memorable. If you find yourself back in the area, I hope that you will once again choose us!

Kind thanks,

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I really loved this hotel. It was very close to many restaurants and the mall. The staff was really accommodating and I loved the complimentary, hot breakfast. It was overall a really amazing stay and I will definitely be staying here the next time I come to Memphis. Also, I did read a lot of the reviews before coming here about bad sleep quality, but I had no problems any night getting good sleep. It was quiet and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cary B
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Cary B,
Thank you for writing such a nice review. I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful stay with us, and that you will be staying with us again. We look forward to your return to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East.

Warm thanks,

Reviewed November 24, 2013

One of my best hotel experiences in a long time. The assistant manager helped accommodate me by allowing me to check in 2 hours early to prepare for an event I was going to later that afternoon. She called me later to check on the room to make sure it met my needs. The breakfast was delicious...sausage, greek yogurt, waffles, and more. My only minor complaint was some noise at night of a few cars with their radios blaring.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Lesliebug,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. I'm glad that my Assistant Manager was able to assist in creating a memorable experience for you. Please come back and see us the next time you are in Memphis.

Kind thanks,

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and it wasn't the best experience. The hotel and room itself are nice, as is the breakfast and location (next to the mall). But the walls are paper thin and the windows aren't sound proof: the first night someone was driving around the parking lot at 4 am pumping loud music, the second night the room next door decided 5 am would be a nice time to start watching television. Needless to say we didn't get much sleep after that.

Room Tip: Stay in thr front, as the back is noisy! Ask for a room without a connecting door or you will hear...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Matthijst,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Please accept my apologies for any noise that disturbed your sleep; I understand how frustrating this would be. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to impress you on your next trip to Memphis.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have been a Marriott member for years, but due to the last two stays I have had at Marriott properties I am beginning to reconsider my preferences.

My wife and I were in Memphis for a conference. I had done my research on tripadvisor to see which hotels were the best for our needs, and was pleasantly surprised to discover that this Fairfield was rated 5 out of ALL Memphis hotels at the time. Being a Marriott member I jumped on a low rate offer and booked a King for two nights.

Upon arrival, my wife pointed out that I had been chosen guest for the day. This was a wonderful surprise. We were upgraded to a nicer suite and received a goodie bag. The gentleman at the front desk was friendly and professional. (I hope he did well on his ACT, Anchor Down!) The lobby area was clean and was decorated nicely. We took the elevator to our room and having driven through aggravating traffic from Arkansas on the 40 through Forrest City, we quickly nestled down. It was immediately evident that our mattress was in poor shape. I had not slept on a mattress this bad in a long time. We rolled into each other and I had to sleep somewhat sideways just to keep myself a bit straight. My wife woke up repeatedly throughout the night.

In the morning I went downstairs to explain our predicament to the new gentleman at the front desk while my wife got ready for breakfast. After expressing our concerns, he hesitated for a moment, asked our room number and noticed that we were staying one more night. He said that he would have a comparable room ready later in the day. As we would be out for most of the day I told him that was fine. He stated that he would put a hold on a room.

Breakfast was wonderful. The attendant on duty kept all food fully supplied. At one point I noticed that the bacon was nearing empty, but she was already preparing more. There was plenty of food and options. The coffee was great.

My wife and I returned in the afternoon and moved our items into the new room. We were taking care of personal needs before leaving for the Wolfchase (next door) and beyond when my wife exclaimed that the toilet was not flushing. Being a former custodian, I removed the top off the tank and noticed that the chain was broken. I attempted to fix it myself, though I thought it was ridiculous that I was doing this and that it had not been taken care of before our arrival. I was unable to reconnect the chain so I called front desk. The young man at the front quickly came upstairs and after some time was able to fix it. After he left, I finished getting ready, but when I went to flush the toilet, the chain broke again. I called the front desk and he said he would get a new piece and replace it, which he got to right away. When we got back later that evening, the toilet was fixed. Though I appreciated his immediate attention, never once did the young man apologize for the inconvenience.

The next morning my wife and I left after breakfast, which was great like the day before. I will say that the eating area is quite small.

To be honest, this Marriott is not worth the price. I am still surprised that they would allow a mattress in that state of condition to remain on a bed. The staff, though friendly and attentive to our needs, were not as apologetic for the state of their rooms as I would have expected. I will not stay at this Marriott again and will definitely reconsider any future stays at any and all Fairfield Inns.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JackalopeSighting
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear JackalopeSighting,
Thank you for your review of my hotel. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful complimentary breakfast. Please accept my apologies that the rest of your stay was less than perfect. I appreciate you alerting us to the mattress, and would like you to know that we have already replaced it. I am also truly sorry that my staff did not apologize to you for the inconveniences you experienced while you were our guest. Our goal is for every guest to enjoy a clean and comfortable stay with us, and unfortunately we did not achieve that with you. Please allow us another opportunity to make up for these shortcomings the next time you find yourself in Memphis.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very satisfied with this property as the staff is courteous and professional. A special thanks to Andrea as she always trys to accomodate or crew with scheduling needs and sometimes at the last minute. The afternoon staff is also very courteous and nice to talk too.(That is important to me and it shows that the management is doing a good job) I look forward to my next visit here.

Room Tip: If working in room Try and get a room with a large desk for computer.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Thank you Stephanie for providing us flight crew, [Endeavor Air] with breakfast at that early hour! Oh and also thank you for calling me personally making sure I was up since the wake up call service failed with Daylight Savings.

• Stayed: November 2013