Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria
$199
Agoda.com
$119
La Quinta
All reviewsfront desknice indoor poolwaffleswolfchase galleriabreakfast roomfridge and microwavehome away from homehard boiled eggsroom was clean and comfortablebusiness tripa nice place to stayhousekeeping staffnice breakfastice machineeasy accessparking lotfree breakfast
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was our final stop on a 10 day drive from Michigan to Texas and back. We were both getting pretty tired of the packing and unpacking, not to mention having to get used to a different bed and surroundings almost every night. So that being said, I do have some comments on this hotel. First, the staff that we interacted with were very kind and friendly. My husband was very anxious to watch the Tigers-Oakland A's play their first game in the play-offs. But the TV in our room did not have the TBS channel. So one phone call to the front desk and within an hour the game was on. That is excellent customer service! The pool area was very clean and bright, and the hot tub looked so inviting, with vigorous jet action. But the water was just a bit too hot, it took a few minutes to get used to it and then we couldn't stay in that long. But plenty of room for several people. The most annoying thing though was that there NO luggage carts to bring all the stuff from the car to the room. Neither in the evening nor the next morning. I was told by thre gentleman who checked us in that there was a wedding party staying there and they probably had the carts in their rooms. ??? With 3 floors, 52 rooms & 10 suites, there should be enough carts provided that this wouldn't happen. The rooms are provided with microwaves and mini-refrigerators. I stocked the frig with several cans of Coke and our leftovers from the delicious meal we'd had at Corky's BBQ for the drive home the next day. But unhappily, the refrigerator had been turned off (who checks to make sure it's turned on?) so everything was warm - and I ended up throwing out the food. And lastly, the hotel website advertises bacon being served with their complimentary breakfast, but it was turkey canadian bacon, definitely not the same as bacon. All things considered, it's a pretty good place to stay, in a good location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Bunnyyoop,
Thank you so much for your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business, and hope you return to stay with us again.

Kind thanks,

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at this property for a long weekend trip after reading the positive reviews here. Not being familiar with Memphis, we weren't sure how the location would work out. I can tell you, Memphis is very spread out and if you are visiting to see all the sights (Graceland, Zoo, Beale Street) you will spend quite a bit of time in the car on highways. I suppose by Memphis standards this neighborhood is centrally located, but we didn't find the area particularly appealing. All the restaurants around the hotel are chains and stores are big box.

First the positives: the front desk people are friendly and helpful. The breakfast was well stocked and a sufficient meal. My family enjoyed the waffles and hot oatmeal. The hotel is clean and well appointed. It was also very quiet and we were able to sleep well.

Now the negatives: the pool has entirely too much chlorine. My daughter's hair was like straw, even AFTER shampooing numerous times. The water also bothered our eyes. I mentioned it to the front desk and the woman said she would have someone check it. Our room, 301, also had a weird, funky smell that never went away for 3 nights. It smelled like cleaning chemicals covering up mildew? We couldn't quite put our fingers on WHAT the smell was. I noticed the hotel is running humidifiers in the hallways. Maybe there are some mildew or moisture problems.

The biggest negative for us was location. I wish I would have done more research on the area and just how far away it is from almost every attraction. If you are only in Memphis for a few days, check the rates on other Marriott properties that are closer to town. I noticed a Fairfield Inn and a Courtyard near downtown. Those might be a better option.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MAElizabeth_S
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear MAElizabeth_S,
Thank you for leaving a review for the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East. I'm happy to hear that your family enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and that my staff was helpful. Please accept my apologies for the pool. I have already addressed this issue with my maintenance staff. I also apologize for any odor in your room. I will follow up with my housekeeping staff to ensure it is taken care of. We hope the next time you find yourself in the area, you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

You should highly consider this property above other's in it's class. I'm a frequent business traveler, new to the Memphis area and now consider this my home away from home, staying at this Fairfield 2-3 times per month (8-12 nights).

Of course there are many choices in the area at this price point including its sister property across the parking lot and I "tested" many of them before deciding to land here. It's about the hotel staff who take ownership of their responsibilities and are proud to be part of the total customer experience--they get it. From the front desk, to the restaurant staff, to the housekeeping personnel... always a "hello", alway's "is there anything I can do for you?" and alway's the rooms are refreshed and clean. Not beating my chest here, but I am a Westin Platinum member and a Marriot Silver member (on the way to gold)... I've experienced service and many comfortable hotel stays across the country. Do yourself a favor and give this hotel a shot and you'll understand. Oh, BTW some reviewers are critical of the breakfast that's included in the rate... Hmm, plenty of choices hot or cold and it's more than adequate... don't be snobby and put things in perspective.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ChiMemphis
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear ChiMemphis,
Thank you so much for the kind words about your stay with us! There are a lot of great Marriott brands, so that is quite a compliment! I appreciate your business, and hope you return to stay with us.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I wish I had gotten the name of the front desk staff. We were hot and tired and she was so nice. All the staff there are friendly and helpful. We had a king suite on the Steak and Shake side of the building. The room was nice and QUIET. Nice heavy blackout drapes. Rooms are updated and clean. There is a nice indoor pool but I do think there is too much chlorine. The little guys eyes were burning when they left the pool and they did not want to go back. Either the chemicals are off or the ventilation is not right. The location of this hotel is close to shopping and restaurants and right off of I-40.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pissaro
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Pissaro,
Thank you for writing a review of your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your candid feedback and we look forward to your next trip to Memphis.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed at here for two nights. The hotel was very clean, employees were pleasant, and breakfast was ok. Hotel is very close to shopping and restaurants. Did not go to the indoor pool but other family members did and enjoyed it tremendously. Will stay at this hotel gain!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family