“Business atmosphere but family friendly”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Ranked #20 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Courteous staff during check-in!!! We have 2 kids and the front desk person was child friendly! Very nice and modern decor...clean large room...has indoor swimming pool awesome for kids before bed time...and the housekeeping was very helpful with extra shower stuff....!!The location is awesome closest to the mall and restaurants!!!

Room Tip: if you have children get rooms in the first floor close to swimming pool and snack pantry :-)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank UTKfan
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I normally do not write many reviews on hotels, however this time I thought it was worth the effort. I have had to return to Memphis several times having several eye surgeries in the past year. The staff has always been very courteous and has even asked me if things are going well with my surgeries as well as offering me any additional assistance that I could need when my vision was impaired.
This was not just the daytime staff, but the younger night staff as well that I did not deal with as much as the daytime staff. The location is very convenient and for the dollars spent, I think the hotel is very good value.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I live just outside of Memphis & decided to stay here one night when the weather was bad. Staff was very nice & accommodating. This hotel is monitored very well for cleanness & safety which is important around memphis. Hotel is close to everything (food & shopping...ect). You can tell this hotel is managed & staffed well. IPlan on staying here again soon.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Billy W
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I visited Memphis last week for business and stayed at the Fairfield Inn Memphis East. The staff was professional and very attentive. The lobby was cleaned and the room was immaculate. I couldn't find anything negative about the hotel, the location is prime for visitors, if you want anything to do just ask the attendant, there is everything from movie theaters to laser tag just within a 3 mile radius. An overall great and positive experience. I will stay there next time, almost felt like home. Specifically John, Alex, Johnny and Jessica at the front desk, they are an example of customer service at its best. Thank you for your support.

Room Tip: Just ask the front desk, they've been able to help me every time i'm in area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Roberto F
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Ive been staying here for over 5 years (200 days a year), the staff have allways been most accomadating and the rooms are great. The rooms are very clean and on the ocasion something has needed repair (burnt out light, Toilet wont quit flushing), the staff has been very responsive (Usually, problem fixed that morning when Im out of the room at work)
My kids and grand kids love staying here wqhen they accompany me to memphis for a weekend getaway, There is a wide variety of activities in the area, from the Mall, Numerous Theaters, Restraunts of every price range. The assitant Genral Manager Andrea is allways friendly and takes a personal interest in ensuring guests have a great stay. She is very familiar with the area and can allways recomend a restraunt or location for entertainment. Great Job, Fairfield East.

Room Tip: Great Location, lots of entertainment and food options in the area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Harry B
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was not impressed with this fairfield. there is black mold all in my rooms bathroom! this hotel needs to be tore down and rebuilt. The regional manager was present, i think she was the manager she introduced her self as regional mangager, Andrea was her name for all i know she was house keeping kinda looked like it. she was rude and stunk very bad she wore jeans and old shirt! did not look as if she was the regional manager. i will not be back im telling everyone not to stay there ive been sick every since this visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank sher w
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We've spent a total of three nights at this hotel and each and every one has been awesome. The indoor pool and spa were great for kids in December. We arrived Christmas night and the front desk was able to tell us about the one and only restaurant that was open. My husband and kids enjoyed the pool immensely. Breakfast in the morning included waffles, 4 kinds of cereal, several types of yogurt, prepared breakfast sandwiches that could be microwaved, muffins, bagels, etc. There was a blizzard in Arkansas on Christmas, but we decided to brave the road conditions and continue on after breakfast- terrible idea. Within the hour we had decided to head back to Memphis. Rather than finding a hotel closer to the state line we drove all the way back through the city so we could stay at this hotel again. I called on the way and they were able to reinstate our room, which had already been cleaned by housekeeping when we arrived. Exceptional customer service. The hotel is conveniently located by tons of restraunts and the Galleria, so we stayed entertained during our unexpected extra night in Memphis. We are now on our return trip and enjoying the same service we enjoyed on our previous two nights' stay. We make this trip annually and will absolutely be returning to this hotel from here on out. HIGHLY recommend!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family