“City tour ”

City of Memphis Tour
Ranked #17 of 31 Tours in Memphis
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Blues City Tours is a locally owned business. We have been in business for 25 years and received several awards such as, 2012 Quality Excellence Award from Mid South Minority Council and 2010 Memphis City Schools Outstanding Service Award.We pick up at most hotels in Memphis, West Memphis and Tunica area. We offer VIP tours, sightseeing tours, shuttle service and corporate transportation.
Houston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“City tour ”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

At first our tour started out a little unorganized but once we got on the tour bus everything was fine. A great easy way to see the city, Eric was a great tour guide! Really enjoyed our day!!!

6109, Public Relations Manager at Blues City Tours, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your tour and your driver. My apologies for it starting off slow, but glad things picked up from there. I hope if you are ever back in Memphis, that we are your company of choice.

Victoria, Canada
173 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Not well organized tour...”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We phoned and reserved the night before giving all the details. At the time of scheduled pickup, there was no shuttle. We had the hotel phone, and we talked to the office. Somehow, our reservation/pick up went missing. They contacted the office, and the driver had to retrace his route. We were now 20 minutes late. We arrived at the office; paid the money, and were transferred to the tour ALREADY in progress. We joined the tour at Sun City (which was one of our highlights). As rest of the group were in the mini bus waiting for us, we were rushed through the building. We were really hoping for SOME time, just to take it all in. Nope, off we went to our next stop. After that, we went to the Visitors Center, where we spent way too much time! We slowly drove by the Lorraine Motel (of HUGE historical significance), and weren't given any time to walk around it, and just capture that moment. Off we went to Beale Street. We were given just over two hours, of which 1.5 hours would have been plenty. On top of that, our mini bus was 25 minutes late! More wasted time!
Off to Graceland. No commentary provided en route. When we arrived, we were given just under three hours. Not enough time. And guess what? Our mini bus was late again, this time 15 minutes. So... we wasted ONE HOUR just waiting for our mini bus. Why were we always waiting? While we were at an attraction, our diver/guide took off doling an airport transfer, hence being late to pick us up. This is an office/logistics issue. At our expense. Not acceptable.

Visited January 2014
6109, Public Relations Manager at Blues City Tours, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I first will like to apologize for any unscheduled wait times and if we caused any inconvenience to you and your party. Sun Studio is not our typical stop, we will stop there if St. Jude is closed. The stop time is 10 minutes at Sun Studio when we stop there. If that didn't happen I will make sure my drivers are aware of their mistake and to make sure it doesn't happen again. On the Platinum/CT you are allowed more time on Beale Street, because that is where you have lunch. Again, I do apologize and I appreciate your feedback. This is what helps us give better service and become a better company.
Framingham, Massachusetts, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Sales & Marketing Meeting”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We used Blue City tours for our Sales & Marketing Meeting. Blue City Tours shuttled 49 of my attendees from our hotel, Fairfield Inn & Suites,which is a FANTASTIC HOTEL, my contact at Fairfiled Inn & Suites were the ones that recommended Blue City Tours to me. For the 2 days for our meetings, Blue City Tours collected my group at the Fairfield and dropped us off at our New Mississippi DC where the meeting were being held. At the end of the day the bus would come collect us at the DC and brought us back to Fairfield were the bus wait for 1/2 hr, and then would take my group to/from our dinner destinations. Blue City Tours was great from my initial booking to my final drop at the hotel at the end of the last day. Blue City was on time both days, the drivers were curtious and great. We had a fabulous experience with them and most certainly willl use them again in the future. Great Job Blue City Tours!!!

Visited October 2013
6109, Public Relations Manager at Blues City Tours, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your services from us and hope that when you are in need of further services. That we will be your company of choice. Happy New Year
Delaware, Ohio, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Graceland/Beale/PaddleBoat Tours”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had a blast. Was well worth it. You do change buses a few times, but I got to see everything I wanted. The Peabody Ducks were an added attraction I wasn't expecting. The paddle boat ride was so peaceful.

Visited September 2013
6109, Public Relations Manager at Blues City Tours, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your tour and YES the paddle boat is peaceful. We hope to see you back in Memphis soon. Don't forget to tell all your friends about Memphis and Blues City Tours. We would love to be their tour guide.
The Villages, Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great people!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Just back from Memphis and everyone I met from this tour group was fabulous. Friendly, courteous, informative....at the end of one of the tours the bus driver knew I wanted to see the ducks at the Peabody and made a special side trip to drop me off then dropped everyone else off at their hotels and came back, was waiting for me outside - Love them!

As a side note - doing the Graceland tour, they do not get you into Graceland until around 11:00, so if you are doing the full tour you won't have time to see it all - planes, cars and lunch if you have other tours planned. When they pick you up at the hotel around 9-9:30ish, you go to their office while they collect everyone else and you buy your ticket and then wait til they board the bus, which is around an hour wait. I think they should start earlier so you can get it all in, but FYI.

Otherwise, I enjoyed my one day in Memphis and they made sure I had a great time.

Visited September 2013
6109, Public Relations Manager at Blues City Tours, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your tour. We will work on making sure there is enough time at Graceland in the future.