“Great people!”

Memphis Hop On and Hop Off Tour
Ranked #17 of 31 Tours in Memphis
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Blues City Tours is a locally owned business. We have been in business for 25 years and received several awards such as, 2012 Quality Excellence Award from Mid South Minority Council and 2010 Memphis City Schools Outstanding Service Award.We pick up at most hotels in Memphis, West Memphis and Tunica area. We offer VIP tours, sightseeing tours, shuttle service and corporate transportation.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Just back from Memphis and everyone I met from this tour group was fabulous. Friendly, courteous, informative....at the end of one of the tours the bus driver knew I wanted to see the ducks at the Peabody and made a special side trip to drop me off then dropped everyone else off at their hotels and came back, was waiting for me outside - Love them!

As a side note - doing the Graceland tour, they do not get you into Graceland until around 11:00, so if you are doing the full tour you won't have time to see it all - planes, cars and lunch if you have other tours planned. When they pick you up at the hotel around 9-9:30ish, you go to their office while they collect everyone else and you buy your ticket and then wait til they board the bus, which is around an hour wait. I think they should start earlier so you can get it all in, but FYI.

Otherwise, I enjoyed my one day in Memphis and they made sure I had a great time.

6109, Public Relations Manager at Blues City Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your tour. We will work on making sure there is enough time at Graceland in the future.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Trip was billed as a three hr tour. Got on tour at the main office. They were 20 minutes late leaving. From there we had to drop people off at the riverboat. Then we had to drop people off at the airport. Then we had to go get gas. The tour actually started 1 1/2 hr late. St Jude pavilion was closed by the time we got there. Very little narration and what there was we couldn't hear. Tour guide was not provided with a microphone. What a rip off. Wasted $48.

6109, Public Relations Manager at Blues City Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

I apologize that your tour guide didn't do any narration on your tour. Your tour should've started when you left the main office. We are working to make this better and make sure this doesn't happen again.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We got on at the hop on at Graceland at 10:30 and the driver was so friendly and gave us so much information as we went to the different stops. Great job. We got off at the zoo and the same driver picked us back up. We were so pleased. we got off at Beale street and had lunch. We we got back on at 2:50 at rock n soul museum a different driver was there. The only comments he made to us was we have to wait a few minutes then we proceeded and he never told where we were going or stopping. He talked way to much on his cell phone while driving. We goy off at Graceland and he did not say a word. We were the only ones on the bus but it was the same way earlier in the day when the young man told us all the information. The second guy needs another job as he must not like the one he has. The first guy acted as if he loved his job. This was today 8-29-13. The second guy needs to be notified he is doing a bad job. Excellent rating given to first driver only. A o rating to second driver. My email is dadams7asa@windstream.net

I am glad that you enjoyed part of your tour. I apologize for the 2nd part of your tour. We are working to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I'm actually sitting on the bus right now. The tour group is very friendly, but this "tour" is a waste of time and money. I want my money back already, because I've been sitting on a bus since 2pm, and now, at 3:32pm we still haven't started our "tour". Nay, we've been driving back and forth along the I-55 picking up other passengers at hotels and other sightseeing destinations across the city. Also, if you like historical tours, this is likely not the ride for you. We haven't gotten to the "tour" part yet, but I'm just guessing, history is not our bus driver's forte. Again, he and the office staff are all very friendly. :)

6109, Public Relations Manager at Blues City Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

I do apologize if you felt the tour was a waste of time. We typically pick up all guest that are staying the same area or close by and bring them to our ticket office to purchase their ticket. We do offer private tours and that will allow our guest to be the only guest on the bus for an additional fee. If you decided to visit Memphis again, we would to discuss that option with you.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The pick up was late; the hot weather had the staff putting us on several different buses, which didn't improve anything, since the A/C in all of them couldn't keep up; the P/A system didn't work in the "better" bus, so hardly anyone could hear the commentary. No chance to get off and explore the sites, therefore we titled this "drive-by touring". Felt really scammed, wasting both our time & money. Our own fault, though, we didn't check TripAdvisor reviews ... File this experience under "Live & Learn".

1  Thank nanmark
6109, Public Relations Manager at Blues City Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

I will like to apologize for your late pickup. This is something that has been addressed to our drivers and will no longer be acceptable, unless traffic or accident is the cause of the tardiness and even then they will have to notify the hotel of it.

Been to Blues City Tours? Share your experiences!