$108
HolidayInn.com
$112
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$132
$110
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $124/night.

$147
$127
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

$142
$118
ComfortInn
$152
$135
$112
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $124/night.

$187
$180
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $205/night.

Madison Hotel(Memphis)
$161
$144
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
3,674 results
All reviewsduckred carpetlobby fountaincorner bargrand old hotelcapriccio grillclub floorbeale streetrooftop partybeautiful hotelsouthern charmself parkingbucket listhotel lobbyrooms are smallluxury hotelhotel guests
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Considering this is supposed to be the best hotel in Memphis we weren't that impressed. We found the hotel to be crowded and impersonal and very commercialised. There was a party on the roof where only the rich and famous are allowed in, and being a guest we could go up there. It was like a cattle market :( They insisted we take id (so had to go back to room for passports) and I the I could not take my camera (so had to go back to room to drop off my camera), however other people were taking photos using their phones and I felt cheated because of this. We came away after one drink. Its fair to say we will not be going again either to the party or to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I took my dad to Memphis to walk in the footsteps of Elvis and other music greats. A friend recommended the Peabody, and I booked a slightly larger standard room directly at the hotel using AAA discount. (Staying away from hotel booking websites usually allows you to actually get the room you want.) I was still a little apprehensive about the room size and value in an older hotel but was really pleasantly surprised. The room actually looked indeed like the website and was very spacious with high ceilings. The hotel overall is quite beautifully decorated and being in your room almost feels like being in a private house. Very elegant and detailed decor everywhere but not over the top. The bar / lobby is very pleasant and lively, and we spent a whole evening here listening to 2 different, excellend piano players. Nice bar service. We also watched the ducks go into the elevator which was actually quite entertaining. The pool and fitness area is excellent, so are the breakfast pastries at the cafe (Austrian or German pastry chef, I think.) The hotel was a great choice, well worth the money, and allowed us to get a little feel for the "old" southern lifestyle.

Room Tip: Book directly at the hotel to get the room you want. Use AAA or other available discounts. Parking is available everywhere across or down the street (lots of parking garages, not a very nice looking neighborhood, I'm afraid), and might be cheaper than the hotel garage. Do the self-parking when using hotel garage, very easy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2013

An overpriced and boring locus in a drab place.I really did not care for my stay here, and would not recommend it. It's not awful, it's just so ordinary, but at extraordinary (high) prices. All the fuss over the ducks and the duck theme did not appeal to me at all.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Enjoyed stay like stepping back in time hotel beautifully decorated the lobby just stunning, full of old world charm. Room spacious plenty of drawer space, loved the little duck motif which turned up on different things. Staff very helpful and full of southern charm and hospitality

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2013

What a fantastic hotel!! Many shopping and food options. The cocktails are poured heavy on the liquor which makes up for the price. Enjoy the legendary ducks whilst enjoying the lobby bar. Get there early as the tables go quickly to see the ducks parade in or out. I stayed in a superior room with two full beds. The decor is very pretty and the room clean. The view was off another building though one would expect that as the hotel is in a downtown location. Beale street and other places are very conveniently located to the Peabody. They do charge a 11.95 resort fee. It covers the internet who is fine with me. So go, enjoy this old southern gem!!

• Stayed: November 2013