“Worth every dollar”

The Peabody Memphis
Ranked #4 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This has to be one of if not the best in Memphis. The staff from the bellman to the house keeping were nothing but great. I highly recomend staying on the club level. The service from everyone up there is second to none. I had a few problemss with the reservation center that is actually not on site but other than that I have nothing but great things to say about my stay. The room was comfortable and well appointed with great views (#1221).

1  Thank Joe7954
Scott_Boucher1, Manager at The Peabody Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Joe7954,

Thank you for your kind review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay on The Peabody Club Level with great views of Downtown Memphis from your room. I hope you visit the “South’s Grand Hotel” again soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Wow,what a very nice treat to finally stay at The Peabody! Im in Memphis every year for the last 17 years and always wanted to stay here.Me and my husband were so happy with everything in the hotel.We had drinks and ate there too,they are pricey for everything but good.The beds were so very comfortable.One of the cleanest hotels I ever seen.We loved the ducks too.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

What can I add that has not already been said. A very wonderful and courteous staff that seemed to go out of their way to help. The hotel itself is gorgeous and my bride really loved all the dick themed touches. My son enjoyed the exercise facilities and we all enjoyed the pool and hot tub!
My only minor and I do mean minor complaint is that you have to walk some for the parking. I know it is a a little thing but after a long day it was a bit of a haul.
We would definetly stay again when in th area.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank bangorpaguy

Dear bangorpaguy,

Thank you for your kind review. I’m pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay at The Peabody. As you mentioned the “South’s Grand Hotel” fully adopts our duck theme, with touches such as soap, designs in the elevator, cookies, and more. I hope you and your family visit The Peabody again soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We booked 3 rooms, parents, children, grandmother and were captivated by the beautiful appointments. Very comfortable. They have thought of everything! Almost to excess! I loved the spaces, nice closets, handsome beds, ample bathrooms. The refurbish has spared nothing! A wonderful memphis experience. The hotel staff most gracious

Personally the ducks don't captivate me but the uniqueness does bring throngs of people. A great location for seeing downtown Memphis though. So much in walking distance. I recommend the new railroad museum.

Only one complaint. No coffee in the rooms. Waited in the deli full five minutes while two staff carried on some conversation. Did not even acknowledge my presence until they finished and then she seemed put out that I wanted something. Very strange

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Davidson H

Dear Plummey,

Thank you for telling us about your family’s visit to The Peabody. I’m glad you enjoyed your rooms, and the recent renovations. As you mentioned morning coffee is served daily in The Peabody Deli & Desserts to ensure freshness and give us the opportunity to serve our guests. I apologize that you did not receive prompt service. Upon your next visit, if you’d like coffee pot in your room, you can request one from our Housekeeping Department. I hope that you visit The Peabody again soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We upgraded to the Peabody Club floor and were not disappointed with our decision and the service we received. The hotel is rich in history and provides a luxurious experience. The staff was courteous, accommodating and gracious and the additional amenities on this private floor added to a very enjoyable stay. Our room was spacious, nicely detailed and very clean. The daily parade of ducks into and out of the lobby is a must see, bringing in people from all over the city. The hotel is conveniently located a few blocks from Beale Street and the trolley. If our travels bring us back to Memphis, there is no doubt we will choose this hotel again without looking at any others.

Room Tip: While the Peabody Club floor was an additional charge, you do receive complimentary parking, contine...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott_Boucher1, Manager at The Peabody Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear rchilone,

Thank you for staying at The Peabody during your recent trip to Memphis. I am pleased that you took advantage of our upgrade opportunity and enjoyed your time on The Peabody Club Floor. Like you said, The Peabody is located in the heart of Downtown and close to many of Memphis’ most popular attractions including Beale Street. I hope you travels bring you back to Memphis, and we look forward to future visits to the “South’s Grand Hotel.”

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Husband and I stayed here celebrating his 50th birthday. We selected the private floor, Club Executive, expensive and elite. The room was beautiful. The location can't be beat. The shops within The Peabody are lovely and the smoozing and mingling was so fun! The "snacks" served on our floor were delicious and we simply enjoyed our visit to Memphis to a higher high by choosing to stay at The Peabody. It was my first time in this city and it was awesome! If you can afford to, I recommend going all out for your stay at The Peabody; you won't regret it :)
BTW, the ducks are a sight to behold, don't miss them!

Room Tip: Club Executive is a must
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Sure, this is not a cheap hotel - it is historical and full of old world charm. The service is as I would expect, professional and courteous. The Italian restaurant is excellent and we had a super gentleman as our waiter. The rooms were lovely, beautifully appointed and I heard no noise from the adjoining rooms. The view from the roof is fantastic - even if you don't stay it's worth the ride on the elevator. The ducks are fun and attract quite a crowd (tip- watch it from the first floor balcony). Loved it and hope to return one day.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank G1asgowk1ss

Dear G1asgowk,

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the “South’s Grand Hotel,” and had a great experience at Capriccio Grill. As you mention we encourage guests and locals alike to visit our Skyway and Rooftop for one of the best views of downtown Memphis and the Mississippi River. I hope you visit The Peabody again soon.