“Very nice stay at refreshed Peabody” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Peabody Memphis

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Peabody Memphis
Ranked #5 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Germantown, Tennessee
“Very nice stay at refreshed Peabody”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Was a guest at the Peabody for a week of business training. I have to say that it was a nice week. The rooms had been recently renovated. My room even had a new paint smell (which wasn't bothersome). The bathroom had new fixtures and the room was appointed with tastefully and functional furniture. The decor is the opposite of the W chain. Classic architecture and moulding. One of the best features was the service. The staff was always cheerful and helpful. Escorting me to where I needed to go rather than pointing out the direction. The food was good (although not as good as the Westin). I definitely recommend it to those traveling to Memphis.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Scott_Boucher1, Manager at The Peabody Memphis, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear joegibbon,

I’m pleased that you had the opportunity to stay at The Peabody during your business training. Thank you for your kind words regarding our newly renovated guest rooms and cheerful staff. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you visit the “South’s Grand Hotel” again soon.

scott.boucher@peabodymemphis.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
Moore, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband surprised me with an anniversary weekend at the Peabody along with the package of me being the honorary duckmaster. It was a wonderful stay with an exceptionally friendly staff. The building is just amazing and the rooms are very comfortable. The decor and interesting little features of the room are very fun. We loved the automatic lights in the baseboard that came on when we got up in the night. The mattress was heavenly with a variety of different kinds of pillows so that you could find the perfect one. We had a room at the end of the hall and only heard other room noise once. We ate breakfast in one of the hotel restaurants and it was very good. We had wanted to have our anniversary dinner in the famous Chez Philippe but we were not aware that my husband needed a jacket to eat there so we settled for the other restaurant on property because it looked nice. It was not anything special and the food was ordinary albeit very pricey. We bought desert in the hotel bakery and went to the rooftop to eat our dessert and watch the boats on the river. We also visited the famous ducks in their penthouse. Being the Honorary Duckmaster was one of the highlights of my visit. It was so much fun. Tip: Those little ducks move fast so have someone with you to take photos of you and the ducks. The duckmaster gives an historical tour in the mornings of the hotel. It was fabulous and not to be missed. The only negative and it is very small would be that the hotel found out it was our anniversary so they told my husband they would be sending up a complimentary gift. He was so excited he did not tell me but waited until after dinner and our carriage ride. When we came back to the room I had noticed that he immediately turned around and went to the front desk. He asked about the gift and they asked him what he wanted. Since they were offering it he felt a little odd asking for anything. They asked if strawberries and cream would be okay and he said that would be great. They never came and we were there two days. Also with our package we were to get turndown service each night and we did not. These are petty things when so much more of the trip was wonderful! The hotel is close to Beale Street and the river.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank danna6
Scott_Boucher1, Manager at The Peabody Memphis, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear danna6,

Thank you for your detailed review. The Ducky Day Package is a very popular package at the hotel. As you know the package comes with the opportunity of being Honorary Duckmaster, and you now share the title with such celebrities as Natalie Morales, Oprah, Peter Frampton, and Gene Simmons. We are honored that you enjoyed celebrating your anniversary at The Peabody and hope that you return soon.

Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Family used to live in Memphis, so we had never stayed in a hotel. Finally, as the wife and I were driving back from New Orleans, we decided to stay one night at The Peabody. Glad we did. This is a grand old place really close to Beale Street and downtown. The room was really nice as was the check in/out. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ASA1975
Tupelo, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Pros-
Awesome and convenient location to Beale Street, the trolly, and everything downtown!
Beautiful to look at.
The ducks if that's your thing.
A beautiful upper terrace with incredible views of the city and the Mississippi river.
Friendly staff.
Clean!
Fairly convenient self-parking or valet parking.
Comfortable beds

Cons-
Double beds were just too small for us! Priceline booked us for the double beds (weren't given an option with the "name your price" bargain, but the lady at the Peabody I spoke to on the phone asked if we would like a King or Queen. I said either would be great and told her we were there to celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary. When we checked in, we were disappointed to see the double beds.
Paper thin walls! A barking dog (from where I do not know!!!) woke me up repeatedly that morning and I could hear a man snoring over the sound of our TV!! I was extremely tired after a not so restful sleep.
The sink was a pedestal style sink with NO place to set your curling iron, make-up, toothbrush, etc. That was a pain!

Overall it was a good experience. I felt it was worth the $131 (plus tax and hotel fees) that I got it for from Priceline. Would stay again if I land another affordable price. Its just so convenient to where we like to hang out that the sleeping conditions wouldn't inhibit me from going back. Next time I will take a sound machine to drown out the noise and make double sure I've booked a king or at least a queen. I'm glad I got to experience "The Peabody" though!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear MS_Lady38,

Thank you for telling us about your recent trip to celebrate your anniversary at The Peabody. I’m glad you had the opportunity to enjoy The Peabody’s central downtown location and close proximity to Beale Street and other Memphis attractions. As you mentioned, our rooftop provides one of the best views of the Mississippi River and Downtown Memphis. I apologize that we were unable to meet your upgrade request. Upon your next visit, I’d urge you to book directly with us as we can better meet requests at the time of bookings. We hope you have the opportunity to visit the “South’s Grand Hotel” again soon.

Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at the Peabody for a business conference and had a wonderful time. The room was so cute, I had a great view and was very clean. Room service was polite and quick. The hotel is within walking distance of many attractions and restaurants. Only about a $25 cab ride from the airport, cabs are quick and efficient to/from the hotel.

The hotel is as relaxing or as happening as you would like it to be. The bar starts to fill in the afternoon, with a delightful chatter filling the lobby. There is also a rooftop bar/party that seems to draw a big crowd. The music can be heard from the rooms, but it seem to quiet down at an appropriate time.

I would love to have the opportunity to stay at the Peabody again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LifeOfTrip
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Staff very helpful and charming. Talked us in to upgrading to the 12th floor. Rooms small but very nice with all the trimmings. Service with a smile was abundant. Love the southern feel of the time and place from the South. A very good hotel but not the luxury you would expect that you receive from other high end properties. However you leave feeling well taken care of and that smile on your face that is so contagious.

Room Tip: Upgrade. When you add the offers they almost pay for the cost of the upgrade.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DenHagg,

Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased you took advantage of your upgrade opportunity and enjoyed your stay on The Peabody Club Floor. As you mentioned, staying on the Club Floor offers many amenities such as valet parking, welcome glass of champagne and hot hors d’oeuvres in the evenings. I hope that you visit The Peabody again soon.

Naples, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

The room & bathroom were not cleaned or freshened despite contacting housekeeping. Bed not made, no fresh towels. The bathroom was tiny.The lobby wait staff in the afternoon were surly. The elevator door hit so hard I was pushed into someone. The best part of the hotel is the lobby ambiance & the delightful concierge staff. Their restaurant suggestions were excellent!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear NapoliNina,

Thank you for staying at The Peabody and for bringing your concerns to our attention. I apologize for the let down in service you experienced. At The Peabody we provide housekeeping and turndown services daily unless instructed other wise. Your experience is not common of a stay at The Peabody, and I have sent your review to our Housekeeping Department as a training tool. I hope you visit Memphis again soon.

Kind regards,