“Happy traveler”

The Peabody Memphis
Ranked #4 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Since I travel at least once a month I have to say I wasn't looking forward to staying at an older hotel but was surprised by my visit! Can't say enough good things about the staff. Check in, bell hops, room service, restaurants, stores and spa personnel were awesome!! Yes it is pricey, however I was traveling alone with my son and when I read that police were gearing up for KKK I was ready to catch first flight home but I felt very safe after I knew the police had been preparing for the protest.! Everything is close, even the trolley so if we couldn't walk to it we could get there easily. Beale street is walking distance as well so plenty of restaurants to choose from. Bathroom was small and toilet made funky noises after flushing for a brief time but that is normal for an older hotel. How much time do we really spend in there? It was quite expensive compared to other area hotels but was worth the cost for the quality! I have been to very newer and nicer hotels but staff cant be beat!! Downtown had the wonderful aroma of smoked BBQ which was an added pleasure !
Will come back to The Peabody again!

• Stayed: March 2013
Scott_Boucher1, Manager at The Peabody Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Kcspurge,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit to Memphis and stay at The Peabody. We appreciate your kind remarks about our staff and the amenities we offer. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of our convenient downtown location. As you mentioned, The Peabody is within walking distance to many of Memphis’ most famous attractions and restaurants. Thank you for not letting the rally affect your plans or your impression of our wonderful city. This was a group from out of town protesting here, and was shunned by the Memphis community. We hope you visit the “South’s Grand Hotel” again soon.

scott.boucher@peabodymemphis.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,329)

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

The reputation is based in truth. This is by far a wonderful place to stay. The beds will afford you some of the best sleep you can get. Add the tradition of the ducks which my family thought was the coolest thing. One stay will hook you as a must stay any chance you get. The local attractions and location makes this a desirable vacation spot. I hope you have a great of time as my family.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Bryan B
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was one of the nicer hotels I've stayed in, decided to treat myself. It was worth every penny. The staff was very attentive, the lobby is beautiful, with great people-watching available. The room was clean and homey. I really felt like I was sleeping in someone's spare bedroom. Everything was convenient to the hotel. We never even got in our car while we were there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My first trip away with my husband..my then boyfriend..was the Peabody in Memphis. The Lobby is so beautiful and Old World! The front desk is so accommodating and so happy to see you! Real southern hospitality! The Lobby is famous for the Ducks that march through twice a day and draw quite a crowd.
The rooms are large as most all older hotels are and so well kept! The carpets are clean the bathroom spotless and the bed...the bed was soooo comfortable!!!

The room service was perfect and the service in general was top notch!!
The spa was so nice..Indoor pool was very clean and beautiful! The gym is small but new and very nice.
The breakfast was amazing!! Grits..eggs..so southern and so good!
I guess I cant write anything negative because there is nothing negative to write ! We love the Peabody and will be back again soon!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveledout444

Dear traveledout444,

I am pleased that you and your husband enjoyed your first vacation together at the “South’s Grand Hotel.” We appreciate your kind review and look forward to your return visit to The Peabody.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed here for a work function and ended up having to extend my stay 5 days due to Hurricane Sandy. The hotel was very accommodating and was able to provide rooms for me and my co-workers even though they were in a close to sold-out scenario.

The hotel was very grand and gave the feeling of historic elegance. The duck walk was an added piece to the charm of the overall hotel and the nightly piano players were also entertaining. I highly recommend visiting the duck palace on the roof. Even though the palace isn’t much to see the views from the roof deck are worth the elevator ride. Speaking of elevator ride, we really got a kick out of the floor announcements when riding in the elevator - especially when the 'main lobby' was announced - just another piece of the Peabody's charm.

The room was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom provided tight quarters with minimum counter space but that really isn’t a complaint. The location of the hotel was perfect with it being located only a short walk to Beale St. and other attractions - which we partook in almost all of since we were stranded in Memphis for an additional 5 days. The quality of the food in the hotel was high caliber and I never left a meal unsatisfied. There were also tons of restaurants within walking distance so you had plenty of authentic variety to choose from. If you are looking for a charming, historic hotel that is centrally located to all the tourist attractions I would highly recommend the Peabody.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank D S

Dear D S,

Thank you for staying at The Peabody. I am sorry for the circumstances of your extended stay, but I am pleased that we were able to provide rooms for you an your co-workers and you were able to enjoy Memphis a little longer. I appreciate the pictures you included with your review, and hope that you have the opportunity to visit The Peabody again soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

the very recently renovated room was lovely, however the shock we had the next morning when entering the bathroom was simply disgusting ..... the washbasin was full of rubbish, we'll spare you the nastiest details, that we could only assume had surfaced from the drainage system during the night. Anxious not to delay making the most of our limited time in Memphis we cleaned it ourselves, however, that was a mistake, when we got back in the evening we found a similar, albeit marginally less disgusting basin. This time we did complain and had to chase repeatedly for the engineer to arrive. He was unable to clear the drains on his own and had to call for the assistance of a colleague and a pressure pump. They both agreed it was a serious blockage, possibly caused by the recent renovation work, however, were able to eventually clear it. The Peabody regards itself as a premiere hotel and charges rates to reflect this, however, the inability to adequately acknowledge failings in standards and address them appropriately is very disappointing.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank hongkongtravelled
Scott_Boucher1, Manager at The Peabody Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear hongkongtravelled,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced, and assure you that this is highly unusual and not typical of a Peabody stay. Upon your next visit, I’d urge you to please alert us at the first sight of complications in your guest room. As you found out, our staff is happy to assist in any way possible, including changing rooms. I again apologize for the complications you encountered and hope that you have the opportunity to visit Memphis again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We found a brlliant deal on line and the Peabody hotel wee so welcoming to us and our three children. They ensured we got a family room and the facilities were top class. The duck walk each day added to our trip. The hote wasslocated near TGI Fridays and a breakfast bar so food wise were soted. Any trips we wishe to do the hotel helped sort buses etc...

Room Tip: Research for great deals on line, askthe hotel toaccomodate your needs, forexmple we wish that the 3...