The Midtown Inn by FairBridge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(Memphis)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrodeway innrooms are hugebeale streetcoffee makershort driveno elevatornever felt unsafestay there againdowntown areasofa bedthe wi finice roomvalet parkingmicrowavegracelandaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Your average USA motel. Great value for money. Nice comfortable room. Clean. Why pay any more?!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2010

I decided to attend my trade convention at the last minute. Booked a combo deal on Travelocity at the Rodeway Inn on Linden. Wasn't sure what to expect as this was a budget hotel. When I arrived I noted that the hotel was owned and operated by a very pleasant East Indian family.

As far as the hotel itself the rooms were quite spacious, very clean and well appointed. The King Size bed was firm and I slept quite well. It had a flat screen TV that was easily viewed from the bed. A small couch, a nice desk, Iron and board, fridge, microwave, coffee maker. Oh, did I mention the Wi-Fi functioned adequately.

The bathroom was clean, the shower warm with a pleasantly powerful spray. A bar of soap for the shower and for your face at the sink. A nice shampoo was also provided which I utilized.

The neighborhood was not near any nitelife but seemed safe enough. Near Methodist hospital and the community college. Round the corner was a local high school. The FedEx forum and Beale Street were only 5-10 minutes away in a car. Probably too far to walk however.

They owners gave me a ride to the Peabody in the mornings, and a ride to the airport for which I tipped them. (Yet still saved money on the cab)

This is the type of business I enjoy supporting and I hope you will also.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank runnz63
Reviewed March 6, 2010

Firstly; the rooms. They were massive and had some new furnishings, so we were pretty happy with that. We were unhappy with the poor wireless connection and pair of grimy tweezers we found near the bathroom sink when we first arrived.
Secondly; location. It's a dump of an area and walking around, particularly at night, is not recommended. It's also a good 40 minute power walk to Beale St.
Thirdly; breakfast. It was the worst breakfast offering I'd ever seen. It was as though the hoteliers had gone to a nearby liquor store and grabbed the only food items available, and stocked those for the breakfast. In other words, it was long-life (or stale) muffins/pastries/bread and old fruit.
Finally; management. This is where it really falls apart. Prior to my arrival, I contacted the hotel and asked them how I arrange my airport transfers. They said to call the hotel once I had landed and I would be picked up. If only it turned out that easy. I rang the hotel and the staff member who answered spoke basic English (at best), and told me to wait "outside" the airport. Of course, I had no idea where to wait, having never visited Memphis before, and after about 45 minutes of futile follow-up conversations with the hotel the van finally arrived. It was very frustrating.
The language barrier was a problem many more times during our stay, for example, when trying to redeem the hotel's award points and asking simple things like directions around town. I don't think the staff's level of English was sufficient enough for them to be operating a hotel.
I would also advise them to do something about the smell in the lobby. It is a pungent curry smell, which shouldn't greet guests every time they enter.
Overall, we thought we'd save a few dollars staying here, but we ended up spending just as much on cabs getting downtown.
Admittedly, the rooms were comfortable, but that's not enough to salvage our opinion of the Rodeway Inn.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BarnsburyBlake
Reviewed March 6, 2010

It's newly remodelled and very nice. Just like staying at a new hotel. This is the best hotel I've stayed at recently for the price that I paid. Other hotels in the area seem to charge way more. The location was perfect. I took a taxi to the downtown area for entertainment. It was great and I highly reccomend staying here.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2010

We're on a budget so this place was excellent at around £35 ($55) Right on the bus network or a quick taxi ride into downtown.

Used to be called The Capri apparantly, this place was great. Huge room with a king bed, sofa bed and dining table, newly remodeled room with all the bits and bobs you need.

Staff very friendly and the breakfast was a nice little treat.

Make sure you eat a Huey's burger downtown!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple