“WONDERFUL STAY!!!!”

Rodeway Inn Memphis
Ranked #82 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I just got back today, and the hotel was wonderful for its price. The WI-FI was not always working, but it was okay. The rooms were huge and clean. The continental breakfast was the perfect amount of food for me. Pastries, sausage and muffins.I almost forgot, a waffle iron to make yummies!!! I took my daughters there for their birthdays, and it was about an 8 dollar cab ride to Beale Street for them. It was near all of the attractions we wanted to see, about 15 minutes was the most we ever spent in the car. The staff was very nice. I had a huge migraine one night, and I kept on leaving my keys in the room. The man just smiled and gave me new ones. The rooms have a refrigerator, an iron and hairdryer. I bought my own pop and snacks and kept them in my room. I always felt safe in this room.(And believe me, not always an easy task for anyone to make me feel safe!!)
It is close to Beale street and Fed Ex Forum, but i would not walk alone late at night.
If you are not looking for anything to fancy, and want a nice quiet hotel, this is the one for you!!!
I will most certainly go back!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Was so happy with last visit . Used it again February 2013 . Still HUGE rooms . Great bang for your buck . Staff VERY helpful . Wifi much better this time around. Still very economical . Rooms are very basic, especially bathroom, but are clean. Inclusions are fridge, microwave and hair dryers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

It doesn't look like it from the outside, but the rooms are huge! Couch area, separate area with a fridge and microwave, spacious sink area, big comfortable bed... All for about 70 bucks. I've stayed in smaller rooms of equal comfort for way more.

Not far from downtown. 5 minute drive, 8 dollar cab ride (if you need it.) The people who run the place are very helpful as far as directing you to the nearest laundromat, grocery stores, and local sights. Breakfast is standard for a motel (toast, coffee) but that was expected... The great value for this place was not! I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week in January 2013. The room was very large and had all of the amenities I needed. I loved the kind size bed and the granite sink countertops added a bit of luxury. The location was perfect and very close to downtown and Beale st. The staff were very friendly and professional. I would definitely stay here again and I highly recommend this hotel to others.

Mo Kesh

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Not much from the outside, but everything you need at an amazing price. The rooms are huge, decor modern, sheets and pillows very comfortable. It has all the little things you want .. continental breakfast if you are in great need.. typical of lower end hotels... but free. There is a fridge, microwave, hair dryer, fold out couch, table, desk... and at $50 to $80 depending on season.... amazing deal. It is close to downtown and midtown. The family who owns it takes care of you and is really nice. Almost feels like you are going to stay at "their place" not at a hotel. It has been upgraded recently, so ignore older reviews. If you want to stay awhile it is good value, if you want to go see a show and not drive home from memphis it is affordable.

Room Tip: Just because it is not the most expensive area, when traveling alone I like an upper room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were not sure what to expect when we pulled into the parking lot, but we were not expecting Memphis to be as, well, scary as it is to us. We're not soft travelers (we've been to NYC, shady parts of Philly, etc) but we didn't exactly feel safe in most parts of Memphis. This hotel made us feel safe and comfortable, and was in a less scary area than other hotels. The parking lot has cameras, the doors of the rooms have bolts, and we felt safe while staying there. The rooms were fabulous - absolutely to die for at this price. The bed was firm and comfortable, and the room was equipped with a fridge, table, and microwave. Definitely a lot for your money. It is also about 10min away from downtown Memphis.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DLTada
Reviewed December 20, 2012

If you're looking for a budget place to spend the night in Memphis without wanting to go miles and miles from downtown, this might be the place for you. The hotel, though certainly not in walking distance from downtown is only some 10-15 minutes to downtown by car. The outside of the motel is downright grim as is the neighborhood. It's right across the street from the parking lot of a major hospital and the parking spaces are just off the sidewalk so make sure you lock you car doors! The rooms are fair size and adequate. There is a good Internet connection but the room phones cannot accept outsize calls. My wife called during the evening and the man at the desk walked over to my room, knocked on my door and handed me his cell-phone! He told me that since everyone has a cell-phone nowadays, the management decided to limit the phone service in the rooms to local calls.
If you're on a VERY low budget and are not too, too picky, the Rodeway might just be your ticket!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business