“Excellent property!!!”

Candlewood Suites Memphis
Ranked #58 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
“Excellent property!!!”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels for business for years now. This hotel is one of the best places I have ever stayed. The staff was top notch and led by an excellent manager. Julie (the manager) went out of her way to ensure that I had everything I could possibly need. The room I stayed in was clean and homey. I will definitely stay here anytime I am in Memphis, and will encourage others to stay here as well

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Brianm78

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I enjoyed my stay here at Candlewood Suites. The room had everything I needed. The bed was comfy, the bathroom and kitchen were clean. There was even a small selection of dvds to choose from at the front desk to watch in my room. The front desk employees were nice and friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank S L
Mt. Zion Illinois
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Was traveling to Memphis for a business trip and had the pleasure to stay at this hotel for three days. This is a fantastic place to stay. The rooms are comfortable, nicely appointed and very clean. The staff at check in made me feel welcomed are was pleasant everytime I spoke to them. The common areas of this hotel are very clean also.
Several places nearby to eat dinner in the area. I felt very safe in this part of Memphis and would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ridingharleys
Minneapolis
Reviewed February 17, 2011

As a business traveler, I spend over 200 nights/year in hotels. I usually have great luck with the Candleood chain. Irving, TX and Temple, TX are awesome, but this one in Memphis made me think I was in an old Holiday Inn. First off, the room was filthy when I got there, and it had been cleaned...! Food drippings from a spoon were all over the stove/cooktop. The fake wood floor had not even been swept, let alone mopped. Pieces of food and paper scraps all along the edge of the kitchen floor.. The carpet had not been vaccumed. The back door of the building had a place for your keycard, but the door was never locked the entire time I was there..! Some security.!!! The keys quit working before 10 AM the second day, and I still had another night to go. The refrigerator had not been wiped out or sterilized.....something sticky and red was on one of thw wire shelves. The ice cube dispenser was full of ice cubes...usually at all hotels the ice catcher is emptied after each guest. 3 or 4 large bags of trash sat by the trash can by the elevator ALL weekend. I met a man in the hallway by the fitness room and he did not even say "Good Morning" on Monday morning...I found out he was the manager....!!! I guess it's time to head back to the Residence Inn chain...where I'm not afraid to walk across the floor barefoot.....

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank BusDriverDave
Lunenburg, Vermont
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We reserved 5 rooms for our family reunion/vacation. Talked in LENGTH when booked them to make sure we could ALL be on the same floor. Was disappointed because they did not have the 1 bedroom suites with the couch that pulls out in the livingroom, but ALWAYS had good experiences @ other Candlewood Suites, so decided to stay anyways. Hotel clerk, ASHLEY, was an IDIOT, had NO CLUE AT ALL what was going on at any time & on the 3rd when we checked in the manager WAS NOT HELPFUL & SLIGHTLY RUDE too!!! VERY DISAPPOINTED in our experience there. We'd ask simple questions such as about the local fireworks & ASHLEY had NO clue. Not to mention they had to move 1 set of our family 3 times!!!! Each room that was given to them was DIRTY & not even done up yet. Mind you too, that 1st set of family members did not arrive until 6:30p.m!!! The floor was dirty in our room too & the other family members complained too. Also both mornings our breakfast selections in EVERY room was messed up 1 way or another. I will NEVER stay @ this place again & I WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW, NOT TO STAY HERE EITHER IN MEMPHIS!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank rte2mittons
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed July 10, 2010

I always stay at this Candlewood Suites whenever I'm visiting my family in Memphis. It is always clean and everyone there is extremely friendly and knows me by name. I love the comfy beds and the free laundry room.

This hotel was always one of my favorites, but what made it stand out was how accommodating the manager was during a time of crisis. One of my loved ones was going through a nasty divorce and needed somewhere safe and affordable to stay immediately for a month until they were able to find a new place to live. The manager worked with me for an affordable rate and took great care of her while she was there. She commented on how caring the staff was to her during this sensitive time. This hotel and staff will forever be my favorites!!

For location: It is surrounded by many restaurants, close to the FedEx world HQ, and right off the interstate.

In response to the previous posts about the area being a war zone and littered with prostitutes and drug dealers, that couldn't be further from the truth. Just go to google maps and look at the street view for yourself. Hardly what I would call "The Ghetto".

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Poptart901
hot springs village
Reviewed June 13, 2010

This is an extended stay hotel, so no daily housekeeping. They could do a better job of keeping the common areas clean. The room was very clean, however. One thing I didn't like is no lamp on one side of the bed so both people could not read in bed. A little crowded for an extended stay but we were there for four nights and it was OK. Bathroom is roomy but bedroom a little small. The best thing was the continental breakfast brought to your door at the time you select. Much better than the traditional continental breakfast in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple