“I'm afraid I must disagree...”

Marlowes Ribs and Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 1,445 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: McKellar - Whitehaven-Levi PD
South London
“I'm afraid I must disagree...”
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We stayed @ Heartbreak and got the Pink caddy ride up which we enjoyed.
We were seated and immiediately asked about drinks. We asked for a moment, which we got, literally. Not but 20 secs later she had reappeared. We reluctantly ordered the first thing that came to mind. We got our drinks and were asked if we'd like to order. We asked for a moment. We were given around 2 minutes before we were hassled for our order again. We ordered. My vegetarian burger was cold in the middle. As was the macoroni and cheese which was absolutely revolting anyway. Hubby's burger was also cold in the middle. We felt rushed, and as though the food had been also rushed. We were asked 3 times whilst we were eating if we want more drinks etc.. which completely interfered with our dining experience and quality time. After we'd eaten our plates were removed immiediately and dessert menu was rushed over. We declined and decided to sit and enjoy our drinks. The waitress just kept looking at us like she wanted us to leave, so we did. I don't wish to write a 'negative' review just share our experience. We had gone there for an evening meal and all this was done and dusted in just half an hour. Not what I had hoped for. We were too disheartened with it and walked the mile or so back to the hotel.

Denver, Colorado
“Great ribs!”
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Ate here in April... we were in our camper at Graceland and they sent a pink cadillac limo to pick us up right at the door of the rv.... it's just up the road. We had ribs, a local pecan beer, and mississippi mud for dessert.... what a great time, and the ribs were wonderful, falling off the bone.

1 Thank Jimbfishin
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Marlowes Is A Definite 'Don't Miss' In Memphis!”
Reviewed June 18, 2010

If you are looking for fancy, fine dining....then Marlowes is not your place. But if you are looking for great food and a fun, interesting atmosphere in a place where everyone is friendly and service is king....then you will feel right at home at Marlowes! Everyone there is genuinely glad to see you, the BBQ is exceptional, the menu choices are plentiful and the prices are more than reasonable. We were greeted with a hearty hello, immediately seated and quickly waited on. Food got to us quickly and was fantastic! The restaurant is an eclectic collection of fun and cool stuff with a lot of memorabilia (yes, a lot of Elvis) but a lot of other neat Memphis stuff too. We were checked on several times by our waiter, the manager, and even the owner, who shared a little history of Memphis and the restaurant with us. I give Marlowes a HUGE thumbs up and will definitely visit again when back in Memphis!

Greeley, CO
“Ok food, be sure to tip..lol”
Reviewed June 10, 2010

We took the free Pink Caddy shuttle to and from Marlowes and the food was ok and our waitress was pleasant and fun. I will say that I was a bit dissapointed in another waitress that had a table beside us and when the patrons left, she apparantly didn't get the tip she wanted and started raising her voice, cussed and stormed off into the lkitchen. It was extremely tacky and rude and I didn't appreciate her doing that in front of us, namely my son.

1 Thank lemingreeley
Bristol
“Best Ribs In Memphis”
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Fast service here sometimes too fast but the Ribs are excellent , Dont forget the free pick up and take home Pink Cadillac !

Been to Marlowes Ribs and Restaurant? Share your experiences!