“Do Not Go Here!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Neighborhood: McKellar - Whitehaven-Levi PD
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I had to log on and place a review right away. Yes, even the tourist-trap Rendezvous has served better on their worst day. Well, I take that back; Rendezvous serves their share of inedible ribs as well. The ribs are not only the most expensive in town, but they are the WORST and it's not even a close call. Well, I haven't tried all of the no-name places, but out of the 10+ places that you've heard of, the ribs from here are by far the WORST! Marlowe’s “full” slab of ribs are $21.95 and completely inedible, as they were cooked about 6 hours too long. I managed to get about 2 bites, but that was very well done “meat,” but it doesn’t even justify comparison to normal ribs. They were almost completely charred and hardened so I could not even bight into them. Even if overcooked, they should never have left the kitchen. p.s. My wife often tries fried green tomatoes, and thought they were decent ($6.95). The slaw is that creamy style and she hated it. I didn’t even bother to try the slaw because I had no ribs to eat it with. Lastly, the pulled pork sandwich ($7.95) was awful. In summary, it is embarrassing to have Memphis restaurants sell any bbq of such POOR quality. I thought it was stupid trying it, as it is close to tourist-central/Graceland, but I JUST noticed reviews and thought, how did I miss this place? Now I know.

2  Thank willr6
There are newer reviews for Marlowes Ribs and Restaurant

Reviewed April 13, 2010

Me and my b/f at here last Saturday b/c of all the reviews I've found on Trip Advisor. Thought it would be cool to sample what Memphis is known for. The staff was very friendly and they even opened the gift shop for us when the restaurant was closed (the day after we ate here). We each had ribs, mac n cheese and the burgundy mushrooms. The ribs were really tender and the meat was falling off the bone. The sauce was okay but we agreed that it was a little too vinegary for our taste. I think this is just the way Memphis BBQ sauce is. It's really good if that's what you like but we have gotten used to sweet bbg sauce that has more brown sugar then vinegar. Overall, it was a great restuarant. We would definitely recommend it for someone who wants to try Memphis style BBG.

Reviewed April 3, 2010

We ate here on our last night and the food was fantastic great steaks, The King cab sav wine was wonderful. At must if you are staying at the Days inn, free pink limo ride to and from your hotel.
Very friendly staff and a great atmosphere 1st class restaurant.

Reviewed March 25, 2010

we had ribs and they was far too much on our plates, so make sure your hungry before you go, you get picked up in a pink limousine, to and from the restaurant.

Reviewed March 11, 2010

We decided to eat here after reading the reviews from trip advisor. They are right on!! The food was so yummy! Husband got the ribs and they were truely falling off the bone... Great!! Daughter and I shared the pulled pork baked potato and got a side of the baked mac n cheese to go with it. Big portions and so so good!! Son got he childs speghetti and it was very good as well! Our service was top of the line and everyone was so friendly!! Cool atmoshere and gift shop was cute too. A must try for anyone in this area!! (ps. Try the sweet tea... Yummy!)

1  Thank my2cutekidz