“great experience”

Neighborhood: McKellar - Whitehaven-Levi PD
Lurgan, United Kingdom
“great experience”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Husband and I where celebrating 40 years of marriage staying at Heartbreak hotel, went to Marlows in the pink cadilliac.i had pulled pork, Derek had half a slab of ribs, awesome, were enterained by new York Elvis,, great night, everyone friendly,

• Visited August 2013

Lexington, Kentucky
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Friends, I'm a serious foodie and had seen the Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives episode that featured this restaurant. Imagine my surprise when I checked into a Memphis airport hotel and they handed me a flyer saying that a pink cadillac would pick me up and take me there for free. Where do I sign? I was hungry, tired and full of anticipation when the limo pulled up. The car was not in that great of shape and there was debris on the floor, but the driver was very friendly. When we arrived, we were warmly greeted and shown a nice booth. The place is really cute with lots of music and Elvis memorabilia. We decided on a brisket with beans and cole slaw. The sign out front says they smoke the meat 16 hours. Well, my initial response when cutting into the meat was that it was tougher than expected. The BBQ sauce had so much vinegar that it was way too tart. I know BBQ is a very personalized taste, but I have to report I was wildly disappointed. I actually have a spreadsheet called "Bucket List". Marlowe's was on it. As I crossed it off my list I just shook my head.... Very disappointed. (The cole slaw and beans were good though. My waiter was great.)

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank KYMary
Prescott, Arizona
“What a disappointment!!!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

If you are into all that Elvis stuff, you probably won't notice that this is the worst BBQ imaginable. We were traveling through and decided to eat an another BBQ place, but boy was this a mistake. The bbq ribs were overcooked and the pulled pork looked like it had been dished out last week ... very dry and tasteless. The BBQ sauce was in lumps. The baked beans had a skin on top from age. Enough to gag a maggot!! Next time drive your own car and get some decent food elsewhere.

• Visited December 2013
Springboro, Ohio
“Best BBQ in Memphis”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife and myself tried several BBQ places in Memphis(the city
is well known for BBQ) and the Best BBQ was Marlowes Restaurant and Ribs. The servings are large and tasty. It is only
2 miles south of Graceland.

Visited October 2013
Metairie, Louisiana
“Very good BBQ”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Went here based on DDD visiting here for a FoodTV show and were not disappointed. Parents had pulled pork and brisket and the kids had BBQ spaghetti. Meat was tender and seasoning/sauce had tons of flavor.

Setting and wait staff were corny but friendly. Not unexpected given its proximity to Graceland.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Troy H

Been to Marlowes Ribs and Restaurant? Share your experiences!