“Fun, must see restaurant”

Marlowes Ribs and Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 1,475 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: McKellar - Whitehaven-Levi PD
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

If you tour Graceland I recommend eating your meal at Marlowe's. This is not a fancy place with its old decor and Elvis themed decorations but the service (Troy) was excellent and the bbq was delicious. Although a bit pricey, the serving sizes were large. Make sure you talk to Sandi in the gift shop and ask her to tell you about meeting Elvis when she was 11 years old. Great story. We thoroughly enjoyed our Marlowes experience and look forward to returning.

There are newer reviews for Marlowes Ribs and Restaurant

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were in Memphis and had heard of Marlowe's from Guy on the Travel Channel, we decided to give it a try. In our party we had, bbq abd brisket for 2, bbq spaghetti, and catfish sandwich. The bbq itself was delicious. It just melted in your mouth. The brisket, a little tough and overcooked, way too much sauce on both in my opinion. The other people said the spaghetti and catfish were great. The servings were huge. We left with doggie, or I should say, piggy bags. There is a small souvenier shop in the restaurant which we bought something at. The waiter was wonderful, a little pushy on trying to hurry and order, eat and get out though. I like to enjoy my dinner, not feel like I have to rush. We have been to a lot of different restaurants, I have say as many places in Memphis, I probally will not return to this one, I would try another. It is one of those I tried it once, it was good, but not wonderful, so let's try somewhere else.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

So glad we decided to go to Marlowe's for dinner on our last night. We're from Scotland and had been to some fab places in Texas and perhaps less so around San Antonio. Marlowe's is a lovely warm friendly place and we felt immediately at ease. The steaks were simply amazing, in fact everything was. Our server was efficient and very friendly and the entertainment superb. Touched by the warmth of the people. Well done to the Marlowe team!!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Pink limo picked us up from hotel and no problem with seating 8 of us. Food was amazing and our waitstaff was always there when we needed and SUPER friendly atmosphere!!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

When I travel, which I do frequently, I check in with the food network Diners Dives and
Drive-Ins prior to my trip. I feel as if I can have an "experience" while I'm out of town.
Had a pink Limo pick me up @ my hotel and deliver me to the Marlowe's door. Was seated and noted all of the awards they have received for their BBQ (you can't miss them as there is an entire counter of awards in the entrance!).
The food arriaved, I had the pulled pork dinner...a hugh plate filled with pork, cole slaw and corn fritters. Corn fritters, haven't had those since I was a little girl, and theirs are wonderful, light coating with warm gooy centers! Pork was to drool over!
I even had a glass of wine and my bill was still just under $20.00. Now I ask free ride to the venue, great food, reasonable prices and great service, how can you ask for anything more?!
I plan a trip back to Memphis next month and will definately go back! Thanks Guy Fiero!

1  Thank mercynurse62