“Great Restaurant”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: McKellar - Whitehaven-Levi PD
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The menu is great staff friendly , portion sizes -HUGE ! .I ordered the southern fried catfish - lovely. I will be going back.

There are newer reviews for Marlowes Ribs and Restaurant

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I love the atmosphere of this place. The staff is super friendly and attentive. I'm a vegetarian, and I enjoy eating here. The veggie burger is very good, as are the many fried sides. Have the pink limo pick you up at a local hotel. Only complaint is the the food maybe comes out too quickly. Our entrees came out right after our apps.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The smokey BBQ smell fills your nostrils as soon as you walk in the door. We enjoyed our ribs very much, as well as our sides of beans, fries and onion rings. Service was friendly and fast.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I love unique BBQ flavor and Marlowe's definitely was not a disappointment. For apps we got the BBQ pizza which was good, just would have like the crust to be crispier. The corn fritter was a first for me...but were excellent. It remained me of corn pudding, but fried. The ribs have a unique flavor which was a pleasant surprise from the norm. Would go back for sure.

Also, if you're Elvis fan....this place is completely decked out w/ everything dealing with the King.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

three of us ate here and we all loved all of our food. The restaurant was a little smokey because they were smoking meats, but it wasn't unbearable.

All the staff were nice and our drinks were refilled promptly.

We got the smoked turkey sandwich, ribs, and brisket. For sides, fried okra, corn fritters and fried green tomatoes. None of the fried food was greasy. The smoked turkey was really good, better than another restaurant we had it at.

The portions were very large, and we took leftovers back to our hotel to heat up later, but that didn't stop us from splitting a piece of pecan pie. The pie was delicious, with pecan halves unlike some places that use chopped pecans.

If we were down there again, we would go back.