“Great Hotel except for the pool!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Memphis
Ranked #32 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Florida
“Great Hotel except for the pool!”
Reviewed December 21, 2009

We recently traveled to Memphis to visit family and stayed here because of the excellent rate. The hotel was undergoing renovations to update their rooms and public areas but this did not inconvenience us in any way. Friendly and accomodating staff, room was clean, breakfast good and beds were very comfortable. The indoor pool, however, was crowded each day and night with about 30-40 kids celebrating birthdays or school parties. I was afraid to allow my children in the pool due to the condition of the water--it was so cloudy you could not see the bottom of the pool. Children were allowed in the fitness area and in the hot tub. I love Embassy Suites and this one was nice, but staff should have done more to monitor the pool and fitness area.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Houston
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Stayed here one night on a trip to take my son to the doctor. We normally stay downtown near the Children's Medical Center but this time we tried an outlying hotel. The hotel is an old style Embassy Suites that is very dark on the inside and smells of old, musty water coming from the atrium water feature. The carpets are filthy both in common areas and the room. Our room had stains on the carpet and furniture. The bathroom floor was dirty. I would not stay here again until this hotel went through a major renovation.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank coolstone
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Very nice hotel. Good location downtown. Lobby decor was very nice. Guest room was nice and spacious. Comfortable bed, nice bathroom. Very clean. Plenty of space to spread out. Although there is a fee for wireless service in the room, there is a business center with internet connection available at no charge. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating to all our needs. We would stay again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Durham, NC
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Hotel is located in a great location. Restaurants, bank, shopping, etc. nearby. Hotel clerks very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was delicious and that staff was very friendly as well.

Brit in NC
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Stayed over a weekend with Mother-In-Law and 2 kids and took adjoining rooms. Rooms were clean and the fold-out couches in the front sitting area allowed my 2 sons to have a bed each and their own TV which made live easier. Hotel has only 5 floors which was good for me as I don't like heights and some Embassy Suites with Atriums I stay in give me problems if I'm put above the 8th floor. I guess it's a sign of the times but the manager's reception has been scaled back in terms of food (just chips and salsa). The breakfast with the made-to-order omelettes was excellent as always although it still doesn't start until 7:30am which is a little late for those looking to get on the road early or get into the office at 8am. We ate at the hotel restaurant the first night which has Italian cuisine. The wait staff were excellent and it was pretty good value for a hotel. The local area is mainly office buildings but was very safe. Local sites are pretty close. Beale St and Graceland were both within 15 minutes drive. Another gripe with Embassy is that they still charge extra for Wi-Fi although they did have a business center in the lobby with the 2 free PCs. The kids enjoyed the pool and my wife used the fitness center for a run on the treadmill and these were good too.

Mesquite (Dallas), TX
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I initially booked my stay at the Homewood Suites off Poplar Ave. only minutes from the Embassy Suites , but at the last minute I changed my mind, and needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. The location was minutes from the major freeways, downtown Memphis , the mall and a plethora of restauarants. The rooms were clean and the beds very soft and comfortable and the main area featured a pretty river area where fish were swimming and ducks could be seen waddling past you. My kids loved the breakfast buffet in the morning and we loved the manager's reception in the evening that included drinks and appetizers and we all loved the INDOOR pool because me and my husband did not want to have to sit outside in the August heat. The hotel staff was great. Especially Nikki, who works the afternoon to late shift. She entertained us one evening during the manager's reception and gave suggestions on places to eat and visit on our short stay. She was the epitome of a great employee, who welcomed all of our questions with an smile! I really enjoyed my stay here and on all my trips to Memphis from now on, you can find me at the Embassy Suites either feeding my face or lounging by the pool! :)

1 Thank cjohnson08
Burlington, Vt.
Reviewed August 11, 2009

This hotel is due for a redo. The rugs were awful. You had to pay extra for internet. On the up side the breakfast was fantastic. The best included breakfast I have ever had at a hotel. My daughter loved the ducks in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family