Embassy Suites by Hilton Memphis
$189
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,023 results
All reviewsmade to order breakfastevening receptionshady grovebreakfast staffindoor poolbusiness centerenjoyed my stayfront desk staffbusiness tripcomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areanice staymemphis areabeale streetfreddielobbysinks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Stayed over a weekend with Mother-In-Law and 2 kids and took adjoining rooms. Rooms were clean and the fold-out couches in the front sitting area allowed my 2 sons to have a bed each and their own TV which made live easier. Hotel has only 5 floors which was good for me as I don't like heights and some Embassy Suites with Atriums I stay in give me problems if I'm put above the 8th floor. I guess it's a sign of the times but the manager's reception has been scaled back in terms of food (just chips and salsa). The breakfast with the made-to-order omelettes was excellent as always although it still doesn't start until 7:30am which is a little late for those looking to get on the road early or get into the office at 8am. We ate at the hotel restaurant the first night which has Italian cuisine. The wait staff were excellent and it was pretty good value for a hotel. The local area is mainly office buildings but was very safe. Local sites are pretty close. Beale St and Graceland were both within 15 minutes drive. Another gripe with Embassy is that they still charge extra for Wi-Fi although they did have a business center in the lobby with the 2 free PCs. The kids enjoyed the pool and my wife used the fitness center for a run on the treadmill and these were good too.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I initially booked my stay at the Homewood Suites off Poplar Ave. only minutes from the Embassy Suites , but at the last minute I changed my mind, and needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. The location was minutes from the major freeways, downtown Memphis , the mall and a plethora of restauarants. The rooms were clean and the beds very soft and comfortable and the main area featured a pretty river area where fish were swimming and ducks could be seen waddling past you. My kids loved the breakfast buffet in the morning and we loved the manager's reception in the evening that included drinks and appetizers and we all loved the INDOOR pool because me and my husband did not want to have to sit outside in the August heat. The hotel staff was great. Especially Nikki, who works the afternoon to late shift. She entertained us one evening during the manager's reception and gave suggestions on places to eat and visit on our short stay. She was the epitome of a great employee, who welcomed all of our questions with an smile! I really enjoyed my stay here and on all my trips to Memphis from now on, you can find me at the Embassy Suites either feeding my face or lounging by the pool! :)

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank cjohnson08
Reviewed August 11, 2009

This hotel is due for a redo. The rugs were awful. You had to pay extra for internet. On the up side the breakfast was fantastic. The best included breakfast I have ever had at a hotel. My daughter loved the ducks in the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2009

We came to this hotel for the ECU vs KY bowl game. This hotel was what you would expect from Embassy! The hotel was very nice, very spacious rooms, and yummy made-to-order breakfast. The outside looks like a hotel, and the inside was set up more like a motel, with a big open center complete with a little man-made pond type of deal. The rooms were rather large with great TVS, although we were a little bummed that you cannot order movies on them! The hotel was within great location for some good food choices!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Stayed 2 nights over a weekend while in town on business. The only negative thing I can say really and this applies to all hotels in the area was that there was some sort of little league craze going on in town so all the hotels were filled with kids, nightmare when you don't like them :)
Standard type Embassy layout, sitting room with couch and chair, flat panel TV, desk, mini kitchenette, bathroom was standard, nothing special, fairly clean, bedroom was nice but window was cracked and looked like it was repaired with glue. AC worked well, internet was fine, lighting was fine. Parking was ample, gym was small but sufficient, pool not able to use because all the kids and the "P" in the pool :) Breakfast was weak as was the managers reception, cheap stuff!
All in all, good stay, great location.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business