“Great stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Memphis
Ranked #35 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

This is a safe location. I know that can be a concern for the area. This area is not an issue. The hotel is well kept. The staff was courteous and proficient. Embassy suites does well with their hotels having such beautiful inside spaces. The room was clean and comfortable. What you'd expect from an Embassy Suites.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Davijuls

Reviewed February 22, 2014

excellent facility, location etc, needs up-dating. we have used this facility many times since it was built for family visits and plan to use it in the future for our out of town guest because its value for the dollar is appealing to us

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This hotel is the best thing for anyone traveling etc. The service is second to none. When you have a problem their friendly staff always handle it with a smile, no matter what. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who like a special kind of service. When I travel I try to stay in a embassy suite.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I love staying at Embassy Suites hotels! They have the gorgeous greenery and water features with the coy swimming and ducks wandering around.
This one was not a disappointment. Our room was lovely and clean with a nice spacious bathroom. There were three sinks and four mirrors, which every family/couple/woman probably loves! It makes it easy for several people to get ready at once. The room was huge so that's nice. The bed was very comfortable!
They had a wonderful breakfast service with eggs cooked to order, if you didn't mind waiting in line. They also have a really nice fitness center with plenty of machines. We didn't swim but the pool and hot tub area looked very nice.
Only thing about this hotel that we did not love was the price of the wifi :(

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed with my son overnight to attend a University of Memphis basketball game. I have stayed at this hotel in the past, although it has been about 5 years. The hotel is still very open and nice and is well-maintained. I did not go to the managers reception but did eat breakfast - it was great, as usual! The fitness center was also very nice and well-maintained. The only issue I had was that my son slept on the let-out sleeper sofa and the mattress was worn out and very flat and lumpy. Also, the blanket provided for the sofa bed was worn out and had several holes in it. Other than this, the stay was excellent and I would definitely stay here on my trips to Memphis.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Lobby theme with waterfalls and ducks is very relaxing. The running water and smell adds to the relaxation gained during the manager's event every evening. Would have liked more food during this evening event.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I would not stay here!! There were ants in the bathroom and when I complained the receptionist stated we could move only if we hauled our luggage to another room. We were leaving in the morning and there were plenty of rooms. Long story short had to fight to get keys to room which was right next door. Manager apologized the next day and said COMMON SENSE should have prevailed with receptionist but damage was done. Also, dropped cuff link under bed in room we moved to. When I looked under bed to retrieve it was like trash heaven underneath. OMG!! Does anyone clean!! I love ducks but having them at your feet first thing in the morning while you are trying to eat was annoying! I almost stepped on them several times. Here is an idea!! Keep ducks away from folks during breakfast. This is not the Peabody hotel. They even have the ducks corralled not roaming free!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business