“Great Hotel”

Ranked #30 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Virginia
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2008

Business Trip to Memphis I always try to book Hilton properties for the rich Hilton Honors program. Check in at this Embassy Suites was very smooth greeted warmly by the staff. Parking is free, but gets tight later in the evening. Rooms are typical of this chain, 2 room suites surrounding a central atrium courtyard. Some noice from outside, but could easily drown it out. The manager's reception has free cocktails and light finger food. The bartender was fun - each night he had a different pair of Mardi Gras style glasses on - he really worked the tip angle, but hey he was working hard and pouring good ones. The room is clean, beds are to die for very comfortable. Everyone I met at this hotel
always had a smile and a pleasant word. The gym is wonderful I like these new Precor gyms - new cardio equipment, dumbbells up to 50lbs and benchs to get a decent work out in. The made to order breakfast was not really made to order i.e. no Omlette station like I'm used to finding, but they plenty of other food
and for once they had the coke dispensers on!!!!

Took a side trip out to a local rib shack called Neeleys it beat the touristy places hands down
ask the bartender where it is!

Oh yeah they have wood ducks in the lobby.

I would absolutely stay here again.

• Liked — Manager's Special and Included breakfast
  • Disliked — Darn Fly infestation in the Atrium - very bothersome and distracting
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Franklin, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2008

We spent Saturday night at the Memphis Embassy Suites. The hotel is clean and the rooms are nice, but this property just isn't living up to the renovations. Their "cooked to order" breakfast is not that great, and this property has become a family reunion hot spot. If you don't mind large crowds, this is your best bet. But a "quiet, relaxing" getaway, it isn't. Friendly staff, though.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2008

This is the first time that I've stayed at an Embassy Suites and I absolutely loved it. The room was nice and spacious and the staff was wonderful! Everyone was so friendly!

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2008

Suite was smaller than most Embassys. Carpet needed cleaning badly (our socks stuck to it and turned black on the bottom) . Everything else was very clean. The restaurant/room service was very good, especially their spaghetti sauce. Everyone except one person at the desk were very sweet. I think she was having a very bad day...and we all have those. I called on the road to make a reservation, and she said they were booked. I asked for the number to another Hilton Hotel or a Sheraton in Memphis (the only two chains who have smoking rooms anymore) and was told she did not have that information. I called [-] to get the Memphis Hilton number and the nicest lady not only got me a room at the Embassy (they had plenty), but gave us an additional discount for my trouble. This was probably the quietest Embassy we have ever stayed in...and we were on the bottom floor...which was awesome! AND (this is important to us), they did not knock on the door if the "do not disturb" was out! I don't think we have ever been to a hotel anywhere that did not knock regardless to clean the room. We would stay there again..but taking rubber sandles for the carpet next time. We stay at Embassys because we both snore...and we can sleep with a door closed between us. Otherwise neither of us gets any sleep.

• Liked — Our room was on the first floor
  • Disliked — The carpeting was filthy
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2008

THis place was below aveage the last few years. They have done a GREAT JOB ON THE RENOVATION they are still waiting for the LCD tv's but everything else is great. more itmes on the actual buffet part of breakfast would be nice, they also have some lady that acts like breakfast security I am sure she is supposed to be a host of some type but is more concerned with your name and room number

• Stayed March 2008
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2008

This is nice hotel, BUT note the following: They are doing construction and although the noise is minimized, the afternoons may be filled by saws and other noises, and I would particularly avoid the floor above the ones being worked on, 2) I asked for a quiet room and got one, except that a dumpster is located directly east of the hotel and several mornings I was awakened before 6 a.m. by the beeping sounds of trucks backing up.
FINALLY: I believe that I left my video camera charger in the room, so I call FOUR times to housekeeping and NEVER received a call back; finally I called a manager on duty who assured me he would check and get back with me, but I STILL got no call or message again that day. I am totally frustrated that my charger may be there but no one has yet to even return a call to determine if it was found. Otherwise the hotel was fine.

• Liked — Nice breakfast area
  • Disliked — Long lines at breakfast, lousy evening snacks, distance from downtown
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank TreschichommeKC
Toronto, Ontario Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2008

Stayed at the Embassy Suites Memphis on March 20th for 2 nights with my family. The hotel is in a great area, with lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance.

The hotel itself is going through some renovations, which did not impede our stay at all. The room was lovely, clean, and all items in working order.

My only problem was with the service. Our check in was prompt, and very friendly. When we were leaving to go for dinner, I asked at the front desk to have somebody sent to our room to make up the pull out bed. I was informed that all the linens were in our room, and we could do it ourselves. I insisted they send somebody to our room to do it for us, which was finally done.

The breakfast (which was included in the price) was pathetic. There was the standard breakfast buffet items (scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns, as well as continental items) as well as a cooked to order omlette/egg station. Even though it was 7:30 in the morning, there were no plates, no cuttlery. And not much food. They finally brought out plates, cuttlery and fresh (?) food, but it was cold. There were only 5 people in front of me for the omlette station, but it still took almost 40 minutes to make the food. There was only 1 person responsible for clean up of the tables, so needless to say, we had to clear our own table of dirty dishes and wipe it down ourselves.

It is a good hotel, conveniently located. I would opt to eat out next time, as that was my only problem with it.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family