1,104 results
All reviews made to order breakfast evening reception shady grove breakfast staff indoor pool business center business trip enjoyed my stay front desk staff the breakfast area complimentary breakfast memphis area beale street freddie goldfish lobby sinks
Reviewed February 2, 2013

for the price I was disappointed in the upkeep of the hotel. In my room, the hardwood floor was starting to buckle in one spot and about 4 pieces were raised and I kept kicking them. The toilet had a huge stain around one of the pipes, I assume it was rust. The wallpaper was starting to come apart where the pieces meet. The room wasn't as quiet as it could be, but thankfully I had a fan and turned it on so I didn't have to hear the people talking in the next room. I did like the lobby's waterfall and resident ducks. All the employees, except one, were nice and helpful. Upon checkout at 4am on 2/1, the desk clerk acted like I was bothering him when I asked for my bill. We also asked him a question about the computer in the business office not working and he says "I have no idea about that". He didn't even offer to help! All in all, if I am paying $175 a night, my expectations will be higher. I feel that the hotel should be kept up a bit more.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank kkitt
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed for business. Typical Embassy Suites layout which lends to a loud atrium. Small gym but never had to wait and all equipment was functioning, clean towels and cold water available.

The rooms are typical Embassy Suites, king or two doubles. I thought the walls seemed thin as I could hear my neighbor quite well most of the time. And there are wood floors around the kitchen area, so footsteps were heard from above.

Location is excellent right off Poplar and I-240, just 10-15 mins from the airport, plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. The in-house Italian restaurant was pretty good, dinners priced at usual hotel rates of $20-$30 on average.

I'll stay here again when in this area of Memphis.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

The staff was awesome at every turn, always pleasant and frequently checked to see if they could do anything for us during our stay. The facility was beautiful and my grandson got such a kick out of the ducks and the waterfall in the lobby. It was fun just to see his face light up at the adventure of it all. He took me on a tour to show me all the things he found! Our room was comfortable and spacious. I love that they are aware of the environment and making steps to reduce waste - Very Proactive! Enjoyed it so much that we extended our stay for one day just to enjoy and relax.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The lobby was beautiful and the customer service was absolutely wonderful. All of the staff were attentive to our needs. We were not very familiar with places in the area and the front desk made sure we had door to door directions. We were very pleased with our stay overall and the next time we are in the Memphis area this hotel will be our first choice.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Clean, well maintained, with an extremely friendly staff. Every one from the front desk to house keeping and the kitchen was smiling and helpful. Great bed and cozy sheets. It's Memphis, so of course there are ducks in the lobby!

Date of stay: December 2012