“Eclectic Downtown Seafood”

Pearl's Oyster House
Ranked #102 of 1,481 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This is a neat place, though the art was eclectic at best, but really kind of creepy. The service was friendly but slow, our food took longer than others, and our refills were slow as well. The food was good, but a little high for what you got. My husband and i tried the oysters that were cooked with Bbq sauce & cheese (I think? the waiter wasn't sure on preparation) and we liked them-my husband hates seafood! Lol. Overall it was a good experience though I can't see fighting a crowd for it since we went during non-rush.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were walking down the street and discovered this place. The place was full and people standing in the doors waiting . That is a good sign to them. And it was a good report for us. You need tohave a reservations. Just go and share with us on your trip stay.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was not impressed with this place. I ordered grilled mahi mahi with steamed veggies. The veggies had no seasoning whatsoever...no taste at all really. That was the good part, though. The fish was 60% raw. I ate a piece before I realized and though the taste and texture were strange. I cut it in half and it was completely uncooked in the center. When the waiter finally came back, I told him. About 5 minutes later, he came back with the same piece of fish. It was cooked, but rubbery. I'm 100% sure they microwaved it. :(

That's the last money they'll ever get from me!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great local establishment. Good menu. Best Belgium waffle we ever had!! Excellent oysters. Fabulous shrimp and grits.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was on a quest for raw oysters in Memphis. I had tried 2 places on Beale street Nd was unimpressed by either. I had walked by Pearls on a previous trip so decided to try it after reasons the reviews and menu on TA. I'm so glad I did! The oysters which I had as an appetizer were very good. The broiled seafood platter was equally good. Service was prompt and friendly and the prices were reasonable. This is not a fancy place but still has a fun rustic vibe with lots of bare brick walls and funky paintings on the wall. I love this place! Ate there two nights in a row because there was other stuff I was eager to try.