“Reminds me of NO”

Pearl's Oyster House
Ranked #110 of 1,506 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I've only eaten here once, but it was reminenct of the Pearl in New Orleans. It was busy, yet the service was good. Great basic NO style food & I'll be back.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Very happy to have stumbled across this gem of a place. I love oysters and they did not disappoint with the various chargrilled oysters.

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

This place has turned into a dump! The servers would rather paint their nails and talk on their cell phones.
The food is a joke. I complained about the raw oysters and the server laughed. Avoid this place.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We have enjoyed Pearls since they opened in Memphis. Service has been slowing, and no one seems to care. Tonight,we were there a total of 2 hours and not by choice . we had to go to the bar 3 times because we never saw our waiter( they sent us 3 different ones) because we complained. I personally told 2 hostesses and 2 bartenders. It took 90 minutes to get our order after ordering. They told us our waiter went home. Then we saw him at another table!! i guess they rely on tourist only because no repeat from us, for sure. My sister ordered 2 lobster tails and couldn't eat one because it was "mush". She literally spit it back out. They discounted this horrible experience $10 off off $170 bill We all have much money, and would gladly pay for service and food. No one apologized or anything. We will never return. This was all 4 of our favorite restaurant.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Not much atmosphere. The corner window seat gives a nice view of the city. The seafood was fresh and well prepared. The single malt was a good price with a nice pore.