“Pearl, a plus and several minuses”

Pearl's Oyster House
Ranked #72 of 1,440 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
New York City, New York
“Pearl, a plus and several minuses”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This restaurant has average food(tasty but not exceptional )in an atmoshere with service that leads much to be desired. Our waiter was not familiar with menu items and did not return to our table except once to see if everything was alright. When I asked for some bread, he replied that bread was extra but that he could get one roll. Since our dishes had sauces which would have been enhanced with bread to sop up the juices, this lack of having bread at the table is unacceptable. When you spend close to $100.00 for wine and food, you do not expect a basket of overflowing saltines to suffice (the saltines were brought to our table by the waiter since he would not bring another roll without an extra charge.

Visited September 2012

Dover, DE
“Oyster house?? Are you kidding?”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Terrible oysters!!! Pre-shucked, dry, DIRTY, full of bits of shell, and still connected to the shell. The worst oysters I ever had and this is called an "Oyster House", for goodness sake. The shrimp and grits had great flavor, but guess what- I had NO shrimp! What the heck? I am shocked at all the good reviews this place has. I know I will not be back!

Lafayette, Louisiana
“Oysters are a must!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a half dozen of both their Oysters Bienville and grilled oysters. Both were very tasty! The oysters were smaller than I have had in Louisiana but the chef's preparation made them most delicious.

Visited September 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“Good lunch special”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I had the tilapia on a bed of rice and broccoli. Seasoned and cooked very well. Only $ 7.99 for lunch.

Visited August 2012
Kennett, Missouri
“Skip This Restaurant If You LOVE Oysters”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Really, they should call themselves other than an oyster house. Their oysters suck big time. We ordered a dozen on the half shell. No flavor. Not on ice. Spongy, can you imagine? Our wonderful waitress (And really, she was a very good waitress.), Andrea, recommended the grilled oysters, so we tried them also as we are oyster lovers and then some. The grilled oysters tasted like lighter fluid! The gumbo was loaded with rice and just okay. The Ghost River draft was good. My wife said her cosmo was very good, but it was also very small. The best food we ate at this restaurant were the crackers! This restaurant was just down from Beale Street. For the life of me, though, I can't understand why anyone would eat their oysters. There are much, much better choices for seafood in Memphis.

• Visited August 2012