“Fabulous smaller diner worth the visit”
Review of Cafe Eclectic

Cafe Eclectic
Ranked #52 of 1,700 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed April 4, 2019

Great family owned cafe for brunch. Price was not bad either. We ordered biscuits and gravy, kitchen sink omelette and a cinnamon bun for our daughter. The biscuits were super fluffy and the gravy was probably the best I have ever had. The omelette was good too - although I would have expected all the ingredients to be made into the eggs and then flopped over but there were cold inserted to the egg flipped over...almost like a taco so to speak. I will be back if I am ver back in Memphis.

Date of visit: March 2019
EclecticCathy, Owner at Cafe Eclectic, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2019

Thank you for the wonderful review. Look forward to seeing you again when you're in Memphis!!

Reviewed March 31, 2019

Normally a very pleasant dining experience was not the case this time. On a busy Sunday we stopped for breakfast. There was a line at the door so we chose to sit at the counter for faster service. Unfortunately, this visit was not a good one. My waffle arrived cold....should have known when the butter didn’t melt when I put in on. I asked the waitress to pop it in the microwave, instead she brought me another COLD waffle. Not wanting to delay our meal anymore I went with it. My dining partner's blueberry pancakes were no warmer; he also ordered "hot chocolate". He reminded the waitress twice about the hot chocolate which finally arrived.....COLD! We didn’t want to make a scene, but when the manager approached at the end of our meal and asked how everything was I pointed out the cold hot chocolate. He promptly took it off the bill and did give us two complimentary pastries and an apology.
We may return, but not on a Sunday!

Date of visit: March 2019

I am so sorry to hear about our 3 strikes!! This sounds like a terrible experience. At least the manager did remove the "not hot' chocolate and presented you with the pastries. Unfortunately the other strikes were not addressed to satisfaction. Please do give us another try. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed February 27, 2019

Ate here years ago when it was new and I was moving from Memphis. Back visiting and stopped in for coffee. The service was good and friendly and the coffee was excellent.

Date of visit: February 2019

Thank you for the wonderful review. So glad you enjoyed our Illy coffee!! Hope to see you again on your return visit to Memphis.

Reviewed January 18, 2019

This place is warm and inviting. Unfortunately, one must walk past the desserts to get to a table. The chocolate pie was very inviting. It was a cold rainy day when I visited this spot for lunch. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The food is incredible. Big portions. Loved the salad!

Date of visit: January 2019

Thank you for the wonderful review. Yes, those desserts are quite tempting!!

Reviewed January 7, 2019 via mobile

Really recommend the food here, everything we had was really nice but service was too slow, they were really busy. Had the garden omelet and kids had burgers. Coffee very good too

Date of visit: January 2019

Been to Cafe Eclectic? Share your experiences!