“Great music, nice food”

B.B. King's Blues Club
Reserve with OpenTable
B.B. King's Blues Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 1,459 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd
Description: This is the original B.B. King's Blues Club located in Memphis, Tennessee, the home of American blues music, legendary musicians, famous barbecue, historic landmarks and great basketball. With live entertainment every night of the week - from authentic blues to classic soul and rock and roll - and a menu full of Southern favorites, the club is a popular destination spot on Memphis' historic Beale Street. The club offers a full menu comprised of a variety of the South's most delicious comfort foods influenced by flavors from New Orleans all the way to the Mississippi Delta, including authentic Memphis-style barbecue. You MUST stop in for our award winning ribs that are some of the best in town - which says a lot for a town known for the world class barbecue! Open daily for lunch, dinner and late night meals, the intimate restaurant and live music venue has some of the finest local entertainment in town live on stage nightly as well as national touring performers. B.B. King's offers several creative options to meet your event needs. With a unique layout, the club has several different areas available for booking that perfect venue space for a variety of events - from birthday parties and family reunions to wedding receptions and corporate events.
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Great music, nice food”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

The ribs were delicious, love when the meat falls right off the bone. We sat on the second floor so the music wasn't as loud as the first floor, which was a good thing. If you want to be able to talk at your table I recommend sitting on the second floor.

• Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
atlanta
“Rock & Roll and Watered Down BBQ”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This place is OBVIOUSLY under new ownership and management! I was born and raised in the Memphis area and I was embarrassed to have taken my guests to B.B.Kings!

Pros:
1. Has the name of a Memphis Legend
2. Located on Historic Beale Street

Cons:
1. Acid/ Hard Core Rock & Roll...In an establishment with the name B.B.Kings!!! My ears were ringing from the screaming from the singer and the screaming guitar!
2. This is not Memphis BBQ! The BBQ has no flavor. It tasted as if someone cooked the ribs in the oven and rubbed/ "dry-rubbed" seasoned salt on it!!!
3. Macaroni & Cheese - was noodles with yellow watery liquid poured over it
4. Fried Pickles and Catfish bites were not crispy and were limp without any taste
5. Severely over crowded seating area. You will become very intimate with the patrons at the tables around you.
6. The wait staff is totally overwhelmed and the only entertainment we had was watching them attempt to squeeze between the tables that are within centimeters of each other.
7. I'd saved my appetite all day, skipped breakfast and lunch to have some famous Memphis BBQ and Soul food...I was severely disappointed and left hungry because I could not force myself to eat the food.
I was ashamed because I'd bragged all day, how Memphis BBQ is better than Texas BBQ and others. My guests picked over the food and no one finished anything.We left there and went to Popeye's fast food restaurant to simply eat something palatable!

Visitors and residents will certainly need to go elsewhere to get a true experience of Memphis style BBQ and listen to Blues music!

This place does not represent B.B.King OR Memphis! This place has NO SOUL !...as in Soul Food or Soulful Music...it is simply a tourist trap.

• Visited August 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Wet or Dry Ribs?”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I tried both versions of Memphis style ribs and I have to say that the ribs at BB King's, with a dry rub instead of bbq sauce, ARE THE BOMB!! Try them, you will not regret it.

Visited August 2014
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Ribs and Blues - great combo”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We ended up here because the restaurant we came downtown for was closed and we were not disappointed. We had both dry and wet ribs. We prefer wet but the dry were very good. Live music was happening and it was excellent as well. We thought the ribs were just a bit overpriced.

• Visited August 2014
Cuba, Missouri
“Best catfish & fried pickles ever!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We had the appetizer sampler and it was delicious and huge! We ordered meals too and I gave mine to a table of guys bc I couldn't eat any more! Wish I could find fish and pickles like this at home :-)

Visited August 2014

Been to B.B. King's Blues Club? Share your experiences!