Memphis Music Hall of Fame

from $8.00
More Info
from $38.00
More Info
All reviews small museum listening stations interesting exhibits music history rock artists soul collection enthusiasts blues clothing highlights headphones elevator
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2018

The place is a bit hard to find. It is next to Hardrock Café. You enter a building (no your are not there), you find a little niche with someone selling tickets, and he/she direct you to the elevator, where you go up and your there.

Hall of Fame!? Mostly a few exhibits, and a lot of listening stations with recordings of talk and some music. More like paying to log in to a blues site on the computer, but you stand. There are some costumes, a car, a game set, We were there for 45 minutes, trying to get value, but in the end, wished we had stayed longer at the Rock and Soul Museum.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank ranles76
Reviewed August 3, 2018

When we walked into the Hall of Fame and there were only 3 other people, I should have known something was quite right. There were pictures and some information about the Hall of Fame people, but very little music. There was an interactive television that didn't work. There was no staff present to help. I should have saved my money. Not recommended!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

This maybe a small museum and sure if you just walk around it won’t take you ten minutes. I suggest taking it slow read as you go. Listen to some music take it the fine pieces of memorabilia they have on show.
It isn’t expensive so pop in take a look around.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed April 8, 2018

Man, this place was lame.
It's a big room with very little actual information.
What it does have is random possessions of famous Memphis singers.
I really have no interest in random memorabilia.

But hey, if you're dying to finally grab a peek at Isaac Hayes' Mahjong set, this is your place.

By the way, the only part that my friend and I really enjoyed was a TV in the corner introducing "New Memphis Music"....and we enjoyed it for ALL the wrong reasons.
It's just one music video after another from local "musicians."
The videos were film school quality, at best, and often unintentionally hilarious.
The music itself was...um...inauspicious.
It probably didn't help that the TV didn't possess the best audio, but still.
We just sat on the bench gawking at the trainwrecks unfolding before our eyes, unable to tear ourselves away for a good ten videos.
It's a good thing Memphis has such wonderful music history, because the future looks dark.

Really though, guys, just walk down the street and check out the Rock and Soul Museum.
This "Hall of Fame" place is a turkey.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed February 27, 2018

This is a single room with a few pictures, awards, exhibits and some memorabilia. It is very well presented for what little they do have. However, for the $8.00 I expected more having just come from the Rock n Soul Museum around the block.

If you can get this included in some sort of combo pack, I would recommend it. Otherwise, you can completely skip it as you are not missing anything. You are simply better off going to the Rock n Soul Museum instead if you are paying out of pocket. I had an hour to kill before my food tour, and this was in the area so I stopped by. I do not know that it took me 15 minutes to get through it despite reading everything and taking pictures along the way.

I wish I could say more, but there is not much you can say about a single room. Use your $8.00 for lunch instead.

Date of experience: February 2018