“Wonderful theater.”

and up
Memphis Ghosts Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 24 Concerts & Shows in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful theater holds musical and stage performances.
Clinton, New Jersey
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Wonderful theater.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Recently saw Million Dollar Quartet at the Orpheum - fantastic show. It was my first time at this theater. It's just beautiful inside. The dual grand staircase is gorgeous. I was really pleasantly surprised, thinking it might be a bit run down since it is an older theater......Btw, I saw MDQ in NY and Memphis. Same exact show, wonderful sound here, too. I have to admit, the Memphis audience was much more enthusiastic and 'into' the show, probably due to the local connections in the show - Sun Studios, Elvis, Sam Phillips, etc. It was interesting to see the audience really appreciate the music. Overall, great venue. Loved my evening there. I stayed at the Westin andit was just a 3 minute walk.

St. Louis
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Nice theater”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We visited this theater to see the Million Dollar Quartet. This is a beautiful theater and it was nice to see this particular play, which is all about the birth of Rock N Roll, in this theater. The sight lines were just fine for our seats and it looked like all the various sections provided great viewing angles to the stage. I didn't go up into the balcony area but I'm sure views are just fine there too. I would recommend seeing a play in this theater the next time you visit Memphis.

Munford, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The best was when I go to Tyler Perrys plays where they allow a mixed drink in the orpheum during the play!

Visited April 2013
Saratoga Springs NY
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Orpheum - Wonderful old theater with top notch entertainment”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I have been to the Orpheum in Memphis several times. This is a gorgeous old theater with a classic roomy lobby and beautiful ceilings and chandeliers in the theater proper. The building expanded into a space next door and opened the lobby to include this area in which you can bid on auction items or just get a drink and a snack during intermission or before the show. In a month's time we'll see two Broadway Tony nominated musicals here.
The theater is right on the Main street streetcar line, so we can jump on the troly right at our hotel door and ride to the theater and restaurants on South Main.
It's great

Jackson, Mississippi
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Great old theater”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a beautiful old theater. It has been restored and looks wonderful. We saw the "Million Dollar Quartet" and loved it. The performers did an outstanding job. It was as good as anything I've seen in New York or London. Parking is right next to the theater off Beale St. ($10.00 for the afternoon). Had it not been raining we would have been right there on Beale S. and could have walked to all the other attractions. With lunch at the Majestic Grille, we had a great afternoon in Memphis.