“Great theatre venue.”

$55.00*
Downtown Memphis Food Tour
Ranked #1 of 24 Concerts & Shows in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful theater holds musical and stage performances.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Orpheum has some of the best shows. The interior gives you a feel of the opulance and "upper crust" that was associated with theatre years ago. A great venue.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had the luck of being in town when "Catch Me if You Can" was playing. The theater was comfortable and we enjoyed the decor. And to top it off the play was GREAT!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

A stunning example of the old movie palaces. Anything we attend there is made better by the setting.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The Orpheum is opulent and beautiful. As with many theatres, the seating is crowded. I am perhaps peculiar in this but when I decide
to pay high ticket prices, I will only sit I the very best seats. At the Orpheum, this means I will only go back seven rows on the main floor and the first row of the Grand Tier. I sat on the far side of row thirteen once and a man chose to hold his child on his lap meaning that there were two heads in front of me. The child had been perfectly happy in her own seat, but this experience told me I'd ratherstay home than contend with not be able to enjoy the performance.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

The Orpheum Theater in Memphis is absolutely gorgeous!! The Theater is all red and gold and you feel like you are back in the 1920's. I've attended many plays, movies, and even Elvis related interviews there and I always feel like I am receiving the best. The staff is very nice and friendly, and the theater has great sound. If you're in Memphis you must attend something at The Orpheum, even if it's just to photograph the outside.