“Beautifully restored” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Memphis Ghosts Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 24 Concerts & Shows in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful theater holds musical and stage performances.
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Beautifully restored”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

A stunning example of the old movie palaces. Anything we attend there is made better by the setting.

Visited July 2012

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Gorgeous, Grand Theatre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

The Orpheum is opulent and beautiful. As with many theatres, the seating is crowded. I am perhaps peculiar in this but when I decide
to pay high ticket prices, I will only sit I the very best seats. At the Orpheum, this means I will only go back seven rows on the main floor and the first row of the Grand Tier. I sat on the far side of row thirteen once and a man chose to hold his child on his lap meaning that there were two heads in front of me. The child had been perfectly happy in her own seat, but this experience told me I'd ratherstay home than contend with not be able to enjoy the performance.

Visited August 2012
Nashville, TN
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Absolutely gorgeous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

The Orpheum Theater in Memphis is absolutely gorgeous!! The Theater is all red and gold and you feel like you are back in the 1920's. I've attended many plays, movies, and even Elvis related interviews there and I always feel like I am receiving the best. The staff is very nice and friendly, and the theater has great sound. If you're in Memphis you must attend something at The Orpheum, even if it's just to photograph the outside.

Visited August 2012
Germantown, Tennessee
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Beautiful Theater”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Have visited this grand old theater many times. Beautiful interior, and great place to see touring shows visiting Memphis. Seats are somewhat close together and not much leg room, so if this is an issue be sure to get a seat on the aisle.

Visited October 2012
“Worth a visit!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

The outside alone is much FUN! You can walk around and view all of the gold stars with actual famous Hollywood star's names on them and see when they were in Memphis and that's FREE (reminded me of Grauman's Chinese in Hollywood). The architecture inside is LOVELY to see! My only complaint would have to be the TIGHT seats (no leg room)! It's worth it for a really BIG show or your FAVE performer but otherwise (to us) it's too uncomfortable for a long performance.

Visited December 2011