Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $30.77
from $99.00
from $230.77
19,010 results
All reviews vip tour car museum lisa marie meditation garden jungle room mansion tour ipad tour gold records trophy room elvis fans elvis's home basic tour his life elvis experience across the street bucket list own pace
Selected filters
Reviewed December 5, 2018

So, as an Elvis fan it’s bound to be a place to visit when in Memphis. This was firmly on our itinerary as part of a bigger trip in the Southern USA.
We drove here from downtown, rather than take the shuttle from Sun Studios (where we had been earlier in the day) just for convenience.
It’s very easy to find (with SatNav help!) and parking is simple and reasonable.
There was 4 of us – me as the avid Elvis fan, my wife as a moderate Elvis fan and 2 friends who enjoy some of his music and a passing interest in his life and associated history – so that paints a picture of who we are.
We went on Labour Day weekend Sunday and it was very quiet, which was great! We had pre-purchased our tickets though and I could imagine that being helpful at busier times.
I really didn’t expect it to be such an experience and it is organised in a way that you follow a “route” which starts off with a short video and then you queue/line-up to get a bus over to The Graceland Mansion. As part of the trip you are given an iPad which interactively guides you through the mansion. Don’t pass this up as it provides a great insight to where you are at and what is so special about the part of the mansion you are in at the time.
The mansion is not massive by today’s standards but it won’t disappoint you.
It’s great to actually see what I’ve heard about and the iPad provides an appropriate back-drop to where you are with just the right song and/or commentary.
Without describing the whole house it is worth saying that it is something you will not regret doing – fan or not! At the end when you are guided to the meditation garden. Despite not expecting it, I felt overwhelmed. I’m sure it’s just a build-up of the whole experience and the music that you are listening to as well as seeing the various memorials, so prepare yourself!
After the mansion you are taken back to the estate area and then guided through a series of areas that take you chronologically though the life and music of Elvis, culminating with a chance to go inside his 2 jets.
The whole experience is about 4 hours, including a brief stop for a milkshake (definitely try them!) which flies by. I could happily visit the place again if I get the chance it is that enjoyable.
Some final points I will make. If you are a music fan rather than Elvis you will still find this interesting. If you are an Elvis fan you will find it incredible and probably come away feeling as though you have fulfilled a “you must”. Whatever it is, you will enjoy the visit because (despite the masses of souvenir opportunities) it feels like a classy operation and not a case of “flogging The King”. The managers of the estate have done a great job at preserving some of Elvis’s legacy and also presenting his story in an interesting way without it denigrating into a money making exercise of selling as much tat as possible. A big well done for that – please do go and enjoy. Any questions feel free to drop me a message.

Date of experience: September 2018
2  Thank DavidLF
Reviewed December 4, 2018

This was our second trip to Graceland, as we took my mother-in-law to the #1 place on her bucket list, being the huge Elvis fan. The first time we visited was in 2009, and Elvis' Memphis (as they call the exhibit and shop area) was knocked down and rebuilt in 2017. It's much more spacious now, with the exhibit areas larger than before. But I would suggest planting more trees and shrubbery, as it seems like it's just concrete building after concrete building. The other side of the road, where the Mansion is, is very nice though, with a nice lawn and many large trees.

We purchased the Elvis Entourage Tour tickets, which included a VIP shuttle to the mansion, another VIP exhibit, and a keepsake backstage pass. A month before, we purchased the Elvis Insider membership for $22, which gives you 10% off tickets. In our case, it saved us around $38 total off of four tickets. So the membership was worth the price. It also gives you discounts on stays at The Guest House at Graceland, and 10% off merchandise purchases, as well as other discounts.

We purchased the Entourage tickets because we wanted as good an experience for my mother-in-law as possible. We went during what it seemed like off-peak (early November) so there were no lines to purchase tickets, no lines to board the shuttle, anywhere. Even walking through the mansion we weren't rushed because there weren't too busy. I had come previously during the summer and there were lines everywhere. So if you're visiting at an off-peak time, I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $37.50 per ticket.

The visit to the Mansion was nice. Since there weren't many visitors, we could take our time looking at all the rooms and memorabilia. The audio guide and iPad was new since the first time I visited and helped as we moved through the property. The exhibits at Elvis' Memphis were nicely laid out and we spent much time looking at the automobiles and other exhibits through the property. We also spent a bunch of time at all of the shops.

For those saying that tickets are expensive at $100/each, the cheapest ticket that gives you access to just the mansion is around $40, and $59 if you want to include Elvis' Memphis. Add $5 to each ticket if you want to view the airplanes, which we didn't. I'm not sure how much parking costs, as we took a shuttle from The Guest House, where we were staying.

All in all, a great visit that we all enjoyed, especially my mother-in-law, who didn't want to leave.

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank David H
Reviewed December 4, 2018 via mobile

I went here only because if you’re in Memphis, you have to go. I was born long after Elvis died so I have no attachment to him but I can appreciate the contribution he made to music and history in general. But beware, this is a business...a money making business and you are just one of MANY they shuttle through each day...hour...minute. If you’re not a big Elvis fan (like me), just do the basic tour. If you’re anything more, then consider paying more for more access. The basic gets you into Graceland with a audio tour on an iPad and headphones - other reviews talked about the inconsistent quality of the audio and it’s true - it’s not great. There are so many people shuttled through the house that I felt rushed. After the house you are shuttled back to the ticket area and forced (staff yelled at me when I tried to just go straight to the guest shop area...towards the exit) to go into another area to view his military memorabilia (which is actually interesting) then to see all his toys (golf carts, etc.) and then his cars (soooo many!). Other reviews I read talked about how rude the staff are...and it’s true!! They hate their jobs. And they definitely put a damper on your experience. It’s too bad.

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank 327janef
Reviewed December 4, 2018

We LOVE this place. Been twice and going again this year! If you have a chance, then go! I recommend buying the VIP ticket. You pass all the long lines and you get to go back in as many times as you want for that day.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed December 3, 2018 via mobile

I was born a month after Elvis died but I would watch his movies and watched documentaries when I was younger. I had thought it would be cool to see Graceland at some point of my life and the first weekend in December I went.
First get the Ultimate VIP Pass it just is worth the money in my opinion...meal voucher; skip lines; see VIP items; VIP lounge, etc...

We did the 10:15 am tour and still didn’t get through everything we wanted to without it being rushed but it depends on what all you want to see. We ended up buying the extended day ticket. (Just wished it was a little more discounted or included for the Ultimate VIP ticket holders since we mainly were going back to shop at the multiple gift shops and see a few things we didn’t get a chance to the day before)

Highly recommend the earliest tour times you can get. Our tour guide Kim C was so sweet and she did a wonderful job and I loved how she actually got Elvis’s autograph when she was 9. She was accommodating and patient so we could take our pictures.

Roger and Barbara who were managing the VIP and Ultimate VIP lounge on Sunday were the nicest and so amazing in helping us out.

We did have people in our group who were from the Netherlands and their English wasn’t 100% so if you need another language definitely do the audio tablet self guided tour too and with the Ultimate VIP pass you could go back through Graceland and do the tour again with the tablet. That is what that family did.

Another plus with the VIP ticket was you could go back over to the house and be able to take more pictures or see something you wanted to spend more time on.

We ate at both Vernons’s BBQ and Glady’s Dinner. Both were good now granted there probably are better BBQ places in Memphis but when you are on the Graceland complex all day it’s great to have great food available. At Glady’s Dinner, I had to try the Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich. They made half in butter and the other half in bacon grease. I think if they truly made it in a cast iron skillet like Elvis had his made it would have tasted better in the “bacon grease” so I would recommend if you want to try it to stick with the butter!

Overall had a fun time and won’t be disappointed whether you admire Elvis to huge Elvis fanatic!

To Graceland management you should be proud of your staff at least on Dec 1st and 2nd of 2018 between 9:30 am and 5:30 pm on Saturday and 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm on Sunday the people we encountered for questions; help; or a little chit chatting were just fantastic and always greeted you with a smile and I am sure some of them might have been having a bad day or tired but you wouldn’t have noticed it. Pure Southern Hospitality!

Date of experience: December 2018