“Graceland was amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Elvis Presley's Graceland Self-Guided Tour With Transportation
Ranked #3 of 152 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee, is the home of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock 'n' Roll. Elvis Presley's Graceland is open daily with tours of Graceland Mansion, the Elvis Presley Car Museum, Elvis custom jets and other limited time exhibits. The tour of Graceland Mansion features an interactive, iPad tour with additional enhancements including photos, video and more.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Graceland was amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2009

I've been an Elvis fan for over 30 years, my young son is named Aaron after Elvis. We visited Memphis soley to go to Graceland and to stay at Heartbreak Hotel. My husband took our two young sons (7 &4) to crazy golf whilst I was alone to enjoy the full experience of Graceland. It was amazing, one of the best experiences of my life. The cost was so cheap for what you got, the bus upto Graceland was very organised and the minute you went through the gates you got goosebumps. You are given a set of headphones with its own audio transmitter and are allowed to visit at your own pace. The audio track is very simple to operate and gives you as much or little info as you want. I was very impressed that as you went out to the meditation area no one was rushing you on, in fact the recording was Priscilla encouraging you to stay as long as you needed as Elvis used to enjoy relaxing in that area. I was very glad to be on my own to fully appreciate everything without interuption, you are able to 'loose' yourself. I was in Graceland for just over 2 hours as were some others, but many people came and went in that time. Graceland is a very good value which has to be a 'must' for anyone visiting Memphis. I could go on for ages but hopefully this will put your mind at ease about visiting.

6 Thank DodgerUK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nashville, TN
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“I love Elvis and I love Graceland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2009

I'm a huge Elvis fan and I've been to Graceland many times over the years. Everytimes I go, it's wonderful. Even if you aren't an Elvis fan, you'll enjoy it. I think everyone should see Graceland! If you are going to take a tour make sure you bring a camera and shoes you can walk in. You can buy tickets online or in person at Graceland, either way it fine. When you get on the bus, you drive up the driveway and trust me you are amazed. When you walk in the front door, you think your tour can't get any better, but it dose. Trust me you will love your tour of Graceland!

4 Thank Cally3577
Memphis, TN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Attraction in Memphis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2009

I was really impressed by the professionalism of the employees and the effeciency of the entire operation. The food was good and the ice cream was perfect. I would visit again.

1 Thank Hamizzle
Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Elvis Girls Tour 08”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2009

Me, my mother, my 2 daughters, and my daughter in law wanted to do a "Girls Only" trip. Hmm where to go? GRACELAND!!! We made shirts to wear and headed to see ELVIS. Oh MY Gosh! You have to go. It gave us goose bumps when we got there. We were actually in Elvis's home! You get a intense feeling when you walk through the front doors. It's unreal, like you step into his life for a few hours. They time the entry into the house so it's not crowded. It's so much bigger inside than it looks on the outside. The room with his jumpsuits blew us away. We did everything. Shopped in every store. You have to sign the wall. Black sharpies work best!! Before leaving for home, we went back to Graceland on our way to the Airport to say goodbye to him. We ate peanut butter & banana sandwiches there for breakfast, dropped a few tears and got in our car and drove away. Came home and made photo albums of our time spent with ELVIS. It was the best trip we ever did. PLEASE GO!!

4 Thank agoonie
Mommycat2244
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“If you are autistic-Stay away!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2009

Not friendly for autistic visitors!!! Not friendly to any person with any type of disability!!!

I took my children, one of whom is autistic, to Graceland, and was shocked at how unorganized the whole operation was.

Firstly, when you purchase tickets, you end up in a long line to get on a bus literally crammed with people. The organization of people in this line was, to say the least, appalling. There maybe people in front of you who are supposed to go on later tours, and people behind you who are supposed to go on tours ahead of you. The security was constantly moving people around in the line to board people on to the bus that they were supposed to be on. Again, really unorganized.

Then, my family and I were standing in line with both of our children in strollers, and not once did anyone tell us that we would need to take our children out of the strollers in order to board a bus until 2 seconds until we had to board the bus. This caused my autistic child to become distressed, and he was screaming throughout the ride across the street to the mansion due to his sensory issues. This made me wonder how on earth does this operation accomadate those that are in wheelchairs, because, not once did we see a bus that had a wheelchair lift. As soon as we arrived at the mansion, we were crammed in the hallways like a pack of sardines. Again, another stressor for my autistic child since he has major sensory issues and cannot tolerate being in a large crowd of people in enclosed places. He screamed throughout the whole tour and my husband and I ended up in a fight with other patrons who thought that I couldn't control my child. There were other children there who were running all over the place and my son, who was in my arms the whole time, was needlessly ostrasized by other people. This was embarrasing for me and my whole family.

My husband's family is from Memphis, and we were expecting to have 10 people to a tour, as this is how my husband has experienced this tour in the past. He had also told me that he purchased his tickets at the front entrace where the driveway ends. Instead, we were hearded like a pack of 100 or more cows, causing much distress to my whole family. I will never come back to this particular tour and will advise those with any type of disability to stay away as well.

Worst experience ever. I never even got to hear the audio as I was having to calm my screaming child down. And, not once, did anyone that was employed there ask me if everything was ok, or try to inquire if I needed assistance with anything.

All in all, it was the most distressing, unorganized, lacking in customer service experience I've ever encountered at any type of tour that I have ever personally been on. Again, we will never waste all the money that we wasted again on this, and we will tell everyone that we know with special needs children, as well as anyone that I know with any type of disability to just say no to Graceland!!! I am so upset by this experience, that I wish that I could give it something lower than a one star!!! Very bad, indeed!

6 Thank Mommycat2244

Been to Graceland? Share your experiences!