“Nice but expensive”

Graceland
Ranked #1 of 119 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee, is the home of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock 'n' Roll. Elvis Presley's Graceland is open daily with tours of Graceland Mansion, Elvis’ custom jets and our new entertainment and exhibit complex, Elvis Presley’s Memphis. The new complex includes a new automobile museum, Presley Motors, and Elvis: The Entertainer Career Museum, the world’s largest and most comprehensive Elvis museum in the world, as well as many more exhibits, restaurants and shops. The tour of Graceland Mansion features an interactive, iPad tour with additional enhancements including photos, video and more.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had the chance to visit Graceland while on our christian convention. Place is nice, I like the shuttle service they have but we only got to tour the mansion cause it's quite expensive if you choose to do everything.

Write a ReviewReviews (16,574)
All reviews
in 550 reviews
"own pace"
in 651 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Since it was the week of July 4th, we bought the VIP tour in anticipation of large crowds which didn't appear. So, we could have just chosen a cheaper tour. I recognized Elvis success but really didn't appreciate the scale of it until seeing the immense number of gold and platinum records and awards he had. I also knew that he had made charitable donations but did not realize the scale of that either. I came away with a higher respect for him as a person. The house is stuck in the 70s (not as excessive as I had read). Upstairs was off limit. The biggest surprise to me is that Elvis and his parents were buried in the back yard. We gave out (it was VERY hot outside) and didn't make it to tour his cars and planes.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a must-see in Memphis. I loved Elvis. The disappointing thing is too many gift shops. The last two attractions, Blue Hawaii and '68 Special are basically just gift shops with a few memorabilia items from those concerts/movies. That was over-the-top commercial for us. I know they need to make money but I don't see that being a help. The house itself, the car museum, and the planes are awesome!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Love Elvis and love Graceland. My only negative comment would be that when purchasing the 'platinum' package exhibits of '68 special and Aloha special were simply a room within a typical souvenir shop. Just put these items at Graceland exhibit where they belong.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was my first time to visit Graceland. We purchased Platnum ticket which got us into all attractions. After purchasing the ticket there was about an hour wait so it gave us time to visit the attractions on that side of the street (Airplanes,Cars, etc.). The line looks very long when waiting to go to Graceland but it moves very quickly. They take your picture before boarding the bus so be prepared to spend 30 dollars for the pictures and about that for your platnum ticket. As you board the bus they give you earphones and a radio. This is a guided tour using this devise. I was skeptical at first but I grew to really enjoy being able to go through Graceland and my own pace. As the group stalls you can pause the recorder and then restart when you get to the area. You will not go upstairs where Elvis passed. That is out of respect that it is closed off to the public. Many trophy rooms. After the tour was over we waited maybe 5 minutes and a bus was there to take us back. They had complementary umbrellas for those areas were it was not covered. No flash photography or video is allowed. Just remember to take your time and read what you want. There is a tour coming in right behind you but that does not mean you have to be rushed. Your recorder will pause everytime you leave one facilty into another. It also allows you to punch in codes that can tell you more than the simple guided tour. FYI: Each attraction exits into a gift shop.

1  Thank jhopstein

Been to Graceland? Share your experiences!