“Good as expected”

Graceland
Ranked #1 of 119 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee, is the home of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock 'n' Roll. Elvis Presley's Graceland is open daily with tours of Graceland Mansion, Elvis’ custom jets and our new entertainment and exhibit complex, Elvis Presley’s Memphis. The new complex includes a new automobile museum, Presley Motors, and Elvis: The Entertainer Career Museum, the world’s largest and most comprehensive Elvis museum in the world, as well as many more exhibits, restaurants and shops. The tour of Graceland Mansion features an interactive, iPad tour with additional enhancements including photos, video and more.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Its Elvis and thats probably why you are here-so enjoy the experience. We loved it but it was Saturday and the Disneyland style queues were a bit wearing. When you finally get to the house itself its all worth it. Visit the birthplace in Tupelo a couple of hours away.

Write a ReviewReviews (16,604)
All reviews
in 550 reviews
"own pace"
in 651 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Got there really early on a sunday (8am) so we were the first in line. It was a couple of weeks before the anniversary of his death so the crowds were not too big on an early sunday morning. It was a great tour. Airplanes need some kind of air conditioning, it was really hot and stuffy in them. but the rest was fabulous!!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We visited Graceland when we stopped for a night in Memphis. We had a great time, I had done little research before going to the house so I really wasn't expecting too much. I was truly impressed with everything we did. The house was quite unique. I was impressed with how humble the home was. They do not allow people to go upstairs in the mansion, they stated that this was because when Elvis was living here he only entertained people on the first floor and the second floor was private space. This didn't really bother me but I could see how someone might be a little annoyed if they wanted to see more. His grave was quite impressive as well.

His planes and car museum were also great and worth the small price for the upgraded ticket

Reviewed July 22, 2013

One tip is to buy the package that includes Stax, Sun, and the RocknSoul museum as well as the platinum Graceland. It will save you a few bucks if you are going to do them all like we did. We arrived during the week in the afternoon and there was no line.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We really enjoyed our trip to Graceland. It was the first time I actually traveled with my whole family. Before I went, I wasn't a big Elvis fan, but that's all changed now. We purchased the platinum tour, which meant we were able to see all the attractions on the grounds.

The way they run the place is amazing! Everything is greatly organized, which made the experience 10x better.

The only small disappointment we could all agree on was the staff. The ladies that took our photos were very unprofessional! There attitudes were nonchalant, and they didn't seem too fond to be working there. They did more talking to each other than anything. The employees that gave us our audios looked very unhappy. Talk about feeling welcomed! When we arrived at Graceland mansion, it was a different story! It's like the atmosphere changed at an instant! The ladies greeted us with smiling faces as we stepped of the bus, and the dreadhead girl that talked to us at the front door smiled and laughed with the group, making me and everyone around me glow with smiling faces! I just had to get a picture with her! She made me anxious to get inside and see what Elvis was all about! When we walked in we were only hit with more happy employees!

We ate at the Chrome Grill, it was excellent! The food isn't very cheap, but it's worth the buck! Oh, and the Ice Cream from the Ice Cream shop is the best!!

Visiting Graceland was all in all a great experience! Don't visit Memphis without stopping here! And don't let the sad employees ruin your mood! You'll meet happier ones eventually!

Been to Graceland? Share your experiences!