“If in Memphis this is a must.”
Review of Graceland

Transportation with Elvis VIP Plus Graceland Admission
Ranked #3 of 155 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee, is the home of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock 'n' Roll. Elvis Presley's Graceland is open daily with tours of Graceland Mansion, Elvis’ custom jets and our new entertainment and exhibit complex, Elvis Presley’s Memphis. The new complex includes a new automobile museum, Presley Motors, and Elvis: The Entertainer Career Museum, the world’s largest and most comprehensive Elvis museum in the world, as well as many more exhibits, restaurants and shops. The tour of Graceland Mansion features an interactive, iPad tour with additional enhancements including photos, video and more.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Visited Graceland yesterday, as we were only in the city for a day. Not a huge Elvis fan, but definately a must if you are in Memphis. The mansion is much smaller than I thought, but when built it was probably huge. But small in today's standard. So much history there, and very well kept up. Some interest facts about Elvis and the house. Done by audio, and you have as long as you want to spend there. the staff do a great job. If I am back in Memphis at any time will definately go again and not just get the basic tour.

1  Thank Canuckfan99
There are newer reviews for Graceland

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Being Elvis fans we loved everything! To walk inside the front door was a step back in time. You imagine Graceland being a huge place and probably to Elvis back then it was, but actually every room is small and defined by individual decor. You can take pictures but must turn off the flash, trust me I filled my memory card. Once exiting the house you are led to Vernon's office and the horse stables. Then around to the racquetball building.. OH WOW that was so great how the music playing in the headset matched the steps into the most awesome sight! Ceiling to floor gold records lined the walls, huge glass showcases with his signature outfits on display.. really that was the best! You then are guided to another building that snakes through memorabilia of his life. From the actual wedding gown and suit he and Priscilla wore on their wedding day to other clothing he wore in other shows. A short walk past the swimming pool and you enter the area where Elvis and his parents are buried. More museums themed around times in his life are across the street as well as his airplanes. This was a memorable trip and we enjoyed every minute!

2  Thank Deanna S
Reviewed March 2, 2013

There was only really one place that we could have spent my wife's 40th birthday and that was Graceland.
We got a cab from our hotel and were there by 10am, VIP passes meant express check-in, VIP shuttle bus to and from the house, access to different areas & exhibitions and re-entry back into the house later in the day.
The staff were brilliant, the house was great, the exhibits were really informative without being too much to take in and visually superb. The eateries on site were, typical diner experiences as you'd expect, my wife had to have Elvis's favourite peanut butter & banana grilled sandwich, just to say she had, the rest of us had cheeseburger meals. Beer's available in all eateries and service was quick.
We were there out of season, but the over friendly security guy, said that even in peak season, they're pretty quite by 1500hrs, which was when we revisited, for one last look around.
Souvenir shops are geared to the exhibit you've just been and to normally bolted on the end in the true 'exit via gift shop, Disney way'. The clothing is of good quality which is refreshing and gifts aren't all tat, although why you'd want Elvis ground coffee escapes me....probably, as highlighted to me by my wife 'BECAUSE IT'S ELVIS'!
Graceland isn't tacky or cheesy, it's just a guys family home, it's not even that big and when you've seen what he had and what he achieved, there were times when we all had lumps in our throats...
The day was made all the better by the weather, sunny & blue skies, maybe the king did it for my wife....who know's, she likes to think so!
All in all it made for a 40th my wife will never forget and that's all our trip to Memphis was about, so thanks Graceland staff (and Elvis)....

2  Thank TCB1511
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited here while down in Memphis. It was one of those "Have to do while you are here sites". We were both surprised how much there was to see and ended up spending a good 3+ hours to see everything. There is more then just the mansion (which by today's standards is rather small). They also have more awards then you can fathom, a display of several of his cars and motorcycles, both of his airplanes, exhibits about Tupelo MS (where he was born) and his family, and his time in Hawaii. Also more Elvis merchandise they you could or would want to possibly buy.

Overall I am glad I went and would recommend the stop, even for those just curious about Elvis. They really have put together a nice package.

Don't let the surrounding area scare you away. It is not the best of areas but the keep Graceland up nice for all the tourists. Park in the lot by the Hawaii Exhibit or the Harley Davidson retail shop. Parking is free and you will end up there anyway to see the Hawaii exhibit, so it will make it nice and easy to leave when you are done.

1  Thank Jay-L-Gro
Reviewed February 28, 2013

From the moment I got out of my car, it was more than I could have imagined. Definately going back. The displays, the stores, all unbelievable. Still love and miss Elvis.

1  Thank LeeL003

Been to Graceland? Share your experiences!